Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass Cleaning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by kaanage View Post
    Has anyone ever used a DA on glass?
    Not for my car! The glass panel inside the oven door has baked on oils that normal cleaning won't shift.
    Selleys BBQ wipes. Just heat the oven to about 40 or 50*c the wipe over, it should come up sparkling. (this is what I did when my tenants left my investment property in an absolute sty about a month ago)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by kaanage View Post
      Has anyone ever used a DA on glass?
      Not for my car! The glass panel inside the oven door has baked on oils that normal cleaning won't shift.

      I really really don't mean to sound like a knob, but have you tried caustic oven cleaner? Works like a gem. Just used it on the BBQ as well to give it a refurb for summer.


      But there's no issue polishing glass with a DA or even a rotary. I'll polish the glass on most cars I do as I go around it, particularly if I'm using a windscreen and glass sealant, which is most of the time lol.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by tinsnips View Post
        I really really don't mean to sound like a knob, but have you tried caustic oven cleaner? Works like a gem. Just used it on the BBQ as well to give it a refurb for summer.
        I guess I'm looking for excuses to use the DA Plus I was hoping to avoid the fumes.
        If it beads...

        we can clean it.

        Comment


        • #19
          What cloths do you guys use for cleaning and even sealing car windows?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by United View Post
            What cloths do you guys use for cleaning and even sealing car windows?
            I love the Bowden's Own green glass cloth combined with their Naked Glass or any glass cleaner really. It's great for streak-free glass.
            Timmeh!!!

            Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.


            Want some tips to help with taking detailing photos? Click here!

            Comment


            • #21
              I use invisible glass cleaner, a normal microbifbre and then the green glass cloth to finish it off streak free. All can be purchased from CCP
              sigpic
              Website:www.topnotchcarcare.com.au
              Facebook: www.facebook.com/topnotchcarcare
              Email: info@topnotchcarcare.com.au

              Comment


              • #22
                I actually have the Meguiar's No Smear Glass Cloth. It's very small but doesn't streak. Is the quality ok on that product?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
                  I love the Bowden's Own green glass cloth combined with their Naked Glass or any glass cleaner really. It's great for streak-free glass.
                  this is what i use my self, but im having problem with getting smudge marks when i clean the glass, then i gotta use a micro cloth for final wipe and smudge marks are gorn, happens all the time no mater what product i use
                  Like a blind man trying to find his swirl marks

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by nubz208 View Post
                    this is what i use my self, but im having problem with getting smudge marks when i clean the glass, then i gotta use a micro cloth for final wipe and smudge marks are gorn, happens all the time no mater what product i use
                    It only takes a small amount of gunk on the glass to become a big smear as you clean. If this happens try to clean it up then flip to a clean side of cloth otherwise any gunk on the cloth may smear again. Clean around any rego or service due stickers last as the cloth can pick up adhesive or ink off these and smear it around.
                    Trev. Tiger Car Cleaning. 0408 100 467. Melbourne Outer East & Yarra Valley.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The method i find working for my shop is, always do a pass of up/down and also a pass of left/right. Most often you wouldn't even need to check if there's any missing spot as this would usually cover all areas
                      For all lovers & owners of Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt Version R, please go to http://www.rcolt.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I purchased and used the megs glass cloth yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I have been using the mint glass cloth for a while which works well, but very grabby on the glass unless you spray plenty of glass cleaner (stoners). The Meg's didn't grab at all and left a great finish.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                          It only takes a small amount of gunk on the glass to become a big smear as you clean. If this happens try to clean it up then flip to a clean side of cloth otherwise any gunk on the cloth may smear again. Clean around any rego or service due stickers last as the cloth can pick up adhesive or ink off these and smear it around.
                          i think that's where i was getting the smear from was the rego and service labels, speciously when using naked glass, it removes the adhesive from the left over stickers. but now i start from center and work around the labels then work on the adhesive and use a clean side to Finnish
                          Like a blind man trying to find his swirl marks

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            +1 for the megs
                            Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I've been using the Mint cloth too, might grab a megs one when something opens
                              Square 1 Automotive Detailing
                              Correct - Refine - Protect - Maintain

                              Email: gareth@square1detailing.com.au
                              Instagram: square1detailing
                              Facebook: www.facebook.com/Square1AutomotiveDetailing

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I use 2 Bowdens Own microfibre Chamois... one damp and then polish off with a 2nd one which is pretty much dry... Perfect every time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X