Glass Cleaning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andych View Post
    I use 2 Bowdens Own microfibre Chamois... one damp and then polish off with a 2nd one which is pretty much dry... Perfect every time.
    smart move! I do similar. use a damn Bowden's chamios to clean windows first. then use their big old yellow with red edges microfibre cloth and their Naked Glass to clean them. Less product the better, always remove residue!

Comment

Has anyone used glass polish as well to clean their glass?

Comment

I have wanted to polish my windscreen with a DA to reduce the amount of scratches induced by the wiper, but I just realised that if I do, I may lower the natural beading ability it has.
        I mean, the thing beads like nobody's business. The only reason I use the wiper is coz the mono wiper looks so damn cool
        There aren't any products on it to aid the beading so here lies my concern.
        I'll try and get a picture of it tomorrow, annoying me in the sun, if it shines for us.

So, what's your opinion? Is polishing it going to cause me pain by removing it's ability to bead or will it ok?
        TwentyFiveSixteen
        '88 190E 2.5-16 (George)
        http://www.twentyfivesixteen.com/

Comment

I polished my glass with da and glass polishing pad, maybe do it and use rainx or something similar

Sent from Thailand

Comment

I use AG Glass Polish either by hand, or a white pad on the Festool Rotary, then a coat of Reload for the outside. Really makes the glass smooth and rain just rolls off it, and unless it is heavy you do not need the wipers at highway speeds. Also use it inside on the windscreen (no tint) and the end result is almost the feeling of no glass. Once clean Bowdens Naked Glass is used for regular cleaning.

Like paint though, eventually contamination builds up, so the above procedure is done maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
            When is the next track day?

Comment

I've done some research and apparently applying a layer of opti-glass after prepping it properly by polishing it thoroughly beforehand. Then you wouldn't need to really polish for a good year or so again until the coating wears off, but it's a little expensive though =/. But hey it saves you lots of time down the road lol.

Comment

I just use the mega perfect clarity glass cleaner with green cloth doesn't smear glass seems to stay clean and water just beads off wipers seem to work smoother as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

Comment

Still can't believe how clean the glass stays with the Megs it's like it repels dirt, dust and water..
                  Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Senator215 View Post
                    Still can't believe how clean the glass stays with the Megs it's like it repels dirt, dust and water..
                    I've been using the Meg's no smear cleaner but find it hazes up eventually. I just had a look at the perfect clarity and it claims to have a dust repellent. I might have to grab a bottle and test it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have both megs and Stoners with rain repellant. I like the Megs on interior glass and use the Stoners on exterior.

A little to I found works a treat. Use a Supercheap Waffle weave drying towel as the glass cleaning towel. Enough "scratch" to remove contaminates and turn over to buff dry to a steak free finish every time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by BobsRX8GT; 21-05-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I've been using the Meguiars glass cloth and a microfibre cloth for buffing. Next time I'll use a waffle weave and see how I go.

Comment

I picked up Meguiars Perfect Glass Clarity together with the green cloth, have only tried the spray with a normal cloth and the spray works really good, didn't try the green cloth yet as the windows were dirty, saved the green cloth after I wash the car

Originally posted by John MKIV View Post
                          I've been using the Meguiars glass cloth and a microfibre cloth for buffing. Next time I'll use a waffle weave and see how I go.

Comment

Ok ive read all the threads here is what i do works great interior damp chamois wife the haze away get a new micro and some clarity forgot the brand will take 2 or 3 passes depends on how soiled it is for exterior i always prep the window spray clarity get the fine steal wool out and go over the window wont scratch then wife off simple

Comment

At my work (bmw) we use steal wool and glass cleaner, only on the outside windows, this removes water stains and any bug marks. sounds ludarcris I know, but works a charm. and it is pretty much the cheapest easiest option .

Comment

Someone did this to mine on pre delivery. Brand new car with scratches permanently in the glass infront of the driver. A real prick in direct sunlight.

Detailing is an art, a gift and a curse. Use it wisely

Comment

Working...
                                X