Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass Cleaning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Is there anything wrong with CRC Glass Cleaner? Apart from possibly containing ammonia...

    http://www.crcindustries.com.au/prod.../glass-cleaner

    I've found this type of glass cleaner to be used by picture framers.

    Comment


    • #62
      Try Bowdens own naked glass, Australian Made and Owned!

      Comment


      • #63
        Maguires glass cleaner is pretty top too

        Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #64
          + 1 for megs


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

          Comment


          • #65
            Does anyone clay bar their windows? i have heard this works wonders too! obviously heaps of lube needed but anyone tried it? would like to hear opinions before i potentially go and scratch the fuck outta my glass. Wont touch my tinted glass with it though.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by mr,inchy View Post
              Does anyone clay bar their windows? i have heard this works wonders too! obviously heaps of lube needed but anyone tried it? would like to hear opinions before i potentially go and scratch the fuck outta my glass. Wont touch my tinted glass with it though.
              I clay the glass of all cars that come through as a part of the decon wash process. It can make quite a difference

              Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


              Specialising in high-end detailing for enthusiasts

              E: dansgaragedetailing@gmail.com
              M: 0417 587 004
              W: www.dansgaragedetailing.com
              F: http://www.facebook.com/DansGarageDetailing

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Caffeine_Fiend View Post
                I clay the glass of all cars that come through as a part of the decon wash process. It can make quite a difference

                Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                Thats what i thought, thanks heaps - cant wait to try it

                Comment


                • #68
                  Will the clay bar remove hard water marks

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by vs_pete View Post
                    Will the clay bar remove hard water marks
                    You'll have limited success. Better to try chemical means

                    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


                    Specialising in high-end detailing for enthusiasts

                    E: dansgaragedetailing@gmail.com
                    M: 0417 587 004
                    W: www.dansgaragedetailing.com
                    F: http://www.facebook.com/DansGarageDetailing

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Caffeine_Fiend View Post
                      You'll have limited success. Better to try chemical means

                      Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                      Hey Dan have you tried using a razor blade on glass, i saw Larry do it in one of his videos and suggested it to level the glass to improve clarity

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by MitchH View Post
                        Hey Dan have you tried using a razor blade on glass, i saw Larry do it in one of his videos and suggested it to level the glass to improve clarity
                        I'm personally not a fan. There is too high a chance of scratching the glass. If the glass is really hammered (I mean REALLY hammered, as in old JDM import hammered) then sometime 0000 steel wool and clay lube can help, but I would only use it externally and if all chemical means don't work

                        Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


                        Specialising in high-end detailing for enthusiasts

                        E: dansgaragedetailing@gmail.com
                        M: 0417 587 004
                        W: www.dansgaragedetailing.com
                        F: http://www.facebook.com/DansGarageDetailing

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by MitchH View Post
                          Hey Dan have you tried using a razor blade on glass, i saw Larry do it in one of his videos and suggested it to level the glass to improve clarity
                          When I detailed for a panel shop, I used to resort to blades for heavy overspray on glass. Very easy to irreparably scratch the glass with a moment of inattention.
                          When training a replacement (we went through about 6), every single one damaged the glass more often than not

                          Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            I have cleaned over 5000 pieces of glass with razor blades, and scratched not one.
                            I wish I was exaggerating, but dealership work means a lot of stickers/paint pen etc to get off glass.
                            With correct amounts of lube and the right angle you will never have a problem.
                            I wedge a finger under the blade to set the correct angle, and use this:

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Have just got some Carpro Ceriglass and a 3 inch polishing pad. Hope to be able to try it this weekend.
                              When is the next track day?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X