Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips, Tricks, Techniques, Work In Progress, Failures, Before and After, Whatever

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't that stuff be caustic?
    Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Senator215 View Post
      Wouldn't that stuff be caustic?
      Nope has a big no caustic written on the label lol.

http://australia.simplegreen.com/au_...tion=household
      Mark

Comment

Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

Comment

Tips, Tricks, Techniques, Work In Progress, Failures, Before and After, Whatever

Just saw this at bunnimgs which is a bit cheaper. It is twist on twist off. Goes on the end of the hose

Last edited by pepsi; 07-08-2014, 11:11 PM.

Comment

They are not much good. I tried using one and it just wasn't up to the task.
            Might be ok for the weekend warrior

Comment

We'll I will save money on that one then.
              I was thinking of connecting a 12mm reticulation valve in the end if the hose.
              What do others use at the end of the hose

Comment

Have a look at post 6 on the first page of this thread...

Comment

Given the feedback I thought Id throw up a pic of a quick way of applying protectant to a ute tray liner

The process was nice and quick after cleaning with a diluted APC mix, then 303 was misted and "painted" on with a brush.

Square 1 Automotive Detailing
                  Correct - Refine - Protect - Maintain

Email: gareth@square1detailing.com.au
                  Instagram: square1detailing
                  Facebook: www.facebook.com/Square1AutomotiveDetailing

Comment

Tip for cleaning engine bays - use non scented baby wipes from Aldi to remove dust and grime. When one gets dirty, throw it and grab a fresh one. Handy for tight spots too, as I found the MF cloth a bit too thick for some areas.
                    I'm not a big fan of Gerni-ing under the bonnet after a previous not so fun experience!

Comment

Put on Klasse AIO and SG on my wheels 3 and a half months ago and have clocked up probably around 4000km and they are still holding up really well. Even after driving in the rain they are covered in a film of dirt but from 2+ meters away still look great. Cleaning has been really easy a combo of snow foam and rinse when short on time and snow foam, car wash and rinse. Can see it easily holding up another month. Will defiantly be putting another coat on!

Comment

Great tips guys keep em coming.

Comment

Fleet Clean Setup

Made this video a few weeks ago. Gives a bit of a run down on what I use to get the job done. I've been trying out several different things over the past few months to see if there's anything I can do to get a job done faster. This system works well. The next video will then show all the gear in action.
                          Will hopefully get better at speaking to camera, might actually think about what I'm going to say before shooting.

Trev. Tiger Car Cleaning. 0408 100 467. Melbourne Outer East & Yarra Valley.

Comment

Tiger Special - Maintenance Car Cleaning

Following on from the last video showing all the gear, this one shows it all in action. It is however a fairly long, mostly boring video as with no one else there the camera is stationary for most of it. I did however want to show an unedited video of the whole process of cleaning a car inside and outside to give people an idea of how long each step can take.
                            As I do mention in the clip this process works for these vehicles in this environment. I don't do most vehicles this way as most other vehicles I do are dirtier and are done outside.
                            I just wanted to share a bit of what I do and hopefully it helps others by giving a visual of what goes on, rather than just trying to explain it in words.
                            The clip runs for 1 hour 5 minutes so you may not want to try and watch it on a mobile device.

If you do watch the whole thing through let me know if I've forgotten that I was filming and at any point scratch my nuts or something.

Last edited by Tiger; 24-11-2014, 09:02 PM.

Comment

CarPro HydrO2 efficient use

Here's another video I made about 3 weeks after the fleet clean ones, you can just see that I'm at this job with no trailer and running from the back of the wagon.
                              This video show how little CarPro Hydr02 is required to seal a vehicle.

Comment

I've watched the first 2 videos as I'm starting to do a similar thing for my customers. They are long but informative. I found them very useful. You don't mention what you use for the rinse less wash in the bucket. I know you used IUDJ in a spray bottle, is it the same for the bucket with MF towels? I know you mentioned you use wash n wax before, which do you prefer and why?

Comment

Working...
                                X