Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which wash mitt is best?

Hey Guys,

Just after a bit of advice about Wash Mitt's, I've used a Meguiars lambs wool mitt for a long time and it seems very good. But i was given a Microfiber Noodle mitt as a gift and wondering if they are actually any good?

Or, is there something that's even better than both?

Thanks

I have been using the new Orange mitt from Detail Central. So so soft and plush whilst being nice and thick to hold plenty of wash solution. Best mitt I've used to date.

Detailing is an art, a gift and a curse. Use it wisely

Comment

Thanks Mate,

I'll have to check it out, I've been looking at microfiber mitts but wanted to ask the pro's first That and the stretchy material that goes over you wrist on mine is a bit thrashed and sometimes drags on the paint, so i want to get a new one for sure so i don't have to worry about that.

How would you rate the MF noodle mitts anyway? or have you never used one?

Cheers,

Comment

This is the mitt someone gave me.

Comment

I have been using these cheap noodle mitts for a couple of years now $5ish @ masters they get a bit stiff n scratchy after about 30washes then they get relegated to the wheel/ inner guard bucket. ..I like them and the price is good..
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains
          long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -Benjamin Franklin

Relax......... I'm from the internet!

Comment

I use microfibre noodle sponges. I find they glide MUCH better than lambswool, and I also find I get less wash swirls too.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
              I use microfibre noodle sponges. I find they glide MUCH better than lambswool, and I also find I get less wash swirls too.

And you dont end up with lambs pubes stuck under your badges n bits...

Comment

Originally posted by bluering View Post
                - LOL

Thanks for the replies, I'll give the noodle sponge a go next wash. I'm guessing the key part is knowing when to retire it for a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by bluering View Post
                  Hahaha! Yeah thats it!

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                    Hahaha! Yeah thats it!
                    And another bonus of the MF noodle mitts is that they don't disintegrate in the washing machine. The missus put one in our front loader and by the end of the cycle it looked like someone had put box of teddy bears through a wood chipper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    2012 Mercedes-Benz C300
                    1998 BMW 318is

Comment

I use an Armorall wash mitt. It picks up the dirt well and rinses cleanly. Never had any issues with it causing any marring of the paint.

Usually just throw it in the washing machine with my MF towles.

I like the fact it's white too because you and easily see any dirt that may be on it.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKEY View Post
                        And another bonus of the MF noodle mitts is that they don't disintegrate in the washing machine. The missus put one in our front loader and by the end of the cycle it looked like someone had put box of teddy bears through a wood chipper.

Oops.bet you were popular lol.

Comment

Yeah my dog got my last one .

Comment

Heading out to the wood chipper with a box of teddy bears for future reference....

Comment

Muffy sponge for me, I find them very effective for my constantly muddy/dusty cars. pulls off most of the dirt with almost no pressure on the first pass, flip it over quickly for a second pass and the panel is very clean. then with the hose on the "shower" setting I just rinse off the dirt in the rinse bucket and wring it out and start again for the next panel.

Being bright yellow I also like how you see it turn a sort of grey colour on the first pass and when you flip it over on the second pass it looks nice and yellow still, just a quick confirmation the panel is good to move on from. Very rarely would I need more than the second pass, and my cars get very dirty.

Comment

Working...
                              X