Best interior cleaning products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best interior cleaning products?

Hi, can anyone tell me what cleaning products they use to clean fabric seats as well as what they use to clean dash console and doors etc.

Can you also tell me where to buy them. I'm currently in Wollongong and will be passing through Penrith later in the week.

I did buy Meguiars cloth and trim cleaner. Has anyone used this? I haven't used it yet so I can take it back and get a better one.

I can't really recommend anything for fabric seats, I've only used the Series 500 stuff in a can and the Autoglym Interior Shampoo but the Autoglym worked and smelled better. I don't have enough experience with other products.

I used to use Simple Green for cleaning plastics but since switched to Einszett 1z Blitz (from Car Care Products), at 30:1 it would make 60 x 500ml bottles and at 50:1 it would make 100 x 500ml bottles. It works great and has a clean smell about it.

For stains such as oil and sunscreen in plastic and vinyl that other products cant get out the best thing I have found is Dissol (from Autobarn and some hardware stores), it smells very strong and works on very tough stains but doesn't dry or fade plastic or vinyl. My brother had a bottle that was about 10 years old in his shed and he let me use it one time and it worked like magic on everything I tried it on so I went and bought my self a big bottle of it and love the stuff but get little use out of it now as I don't have any hard to remove stains or dirt on anything any more.

To protect the dash and other plastic trims I use 303 Aerospace Protectant (avalible from Repco, Autobarn and the forum sponsors), there is a lot of great products that will work but because I can get it locally and not have to pay $15 or so shipping every time I need some it has become the only one I use. It might depend what kind of finish you like as well as what protectant you will want to use. I don't really like shiny finishes but Prima Nero has a excellent matte finish if thats what you are going for or the 303 is more like a satin finish.

You probably can't go wrong most products people will suggest on here, but do your own research on the suggestions (read reviews etc) and find what you would like to try, then if its not really what you like you can try another one next time.

Comment

Hi I use the 3D/HD products from Detail Central for interior plastics e.g. Doors trim, centre console, dash etc HD Total use as directed awesome cleaning power, and 3D Universal Protectant an all-round nice non greasy waterbased product. For cleaning seats, floor mats and carpets well there are a few different products you may need to use, depending are you trying to remove stains or just want them refreshed. There really is no best interior product for detailing it is learning what products work for you and the level of detailing you want to achieve.

Comment

Use an extractor for cloth seats. I use a bigger Bissell unit, but the little portable Bissell Little Green is a popular choice that can be had for under $100 if you look around.

For cleaning plastics, dash, etc, just a damp MF works well. If you need a bit more cleaning power, just a bit of dilute APC like HD Total is all you need. The HD Total won't leave residue like other APC and cleaners can. HD Protect or 303 Aerospace for dressing.

Comment

HD total is my go to. Also 1z deep plastic clean

Non chemical, i love the ability of my steam cleaner to loosed up grime and body oils of plastics and leather etc, plus sanitize air vents and consoles etc
          The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

For cleaning I also go down the water and HD total path - if the surface is really dirty or has a hard to move mark, Ill use the steamer to break it down

Dressing wise, I cant speak highly enough of the Angelwax Angel
            Square 1 Automotive Detailing
            Correct - Refine - Protect - Maintain

Email: gareth@square1detailing.com.au
            Instagram: square1detailing
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/Square1AutomotiveDetailing

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
              Use an extractor for cloth seats. I use a bigger Bissell unit, if you look around.
              What Bissel unit do you have? I have heard mixed reviews about the little green unit. I would find in incredibly frustrating to keep refilling the water all the time. I read it takes a long time to do car seats because the "thing" (sorry don't know what it's called) that touches the seat to clean it is small. Is there a better one for around $600 that heats the water?

Comment

Thanks everyone for your reply. I went online and bought the HD total as well as the HD odor eliminator. I'd be interested to know if anyone can recommend a better door eliminator?

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                  What Bissel unit do you have? I have heard mixed reviews about the little green unit. I would find in incredibly frustrating to keep refilling the water all the time. I read it takes a long time to do car seats because the "thing" (sorry don't know what it's called) that touches the seat to clean it is small. Is there a better one for around $600 that heats the water?
                  for a little bit more than 600 have a look at the numatic george
                  The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

for the interior cleaning especially the hidden corners inside a car, lets consider a technology called dry ice blasting machine, which is typically for serving any deep cleaning where none of any chemical option can do. The more important is that would not cause the second pollution to the product and environment.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Optimum Protectant Plus? works on leather, vinyl and plastics.

Comment

Working...
                      X