No announcement yet.

Which Quick Detailer / Waterless Wash ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Quick Detailer / Waterless Wash ?

Hi guys,

My car sits outside, so it's often exposed to the dust, dirt, rain, poop etc..

Hoping to get some recommendations on an inexpensive, budget oriented, weekend warrior - Quick Detailer / Waterless wash, maybe something with the ability to remove water spots too, just so I can spray on and wipe off any areas that need it.

I've read about ONR, but you apply that to a bucket of water, then wash the car... then I read about the opti-clean... which seems similar. It all adds up and gets confusing to be honest, many companies with very similar products that do things very similar to each other

Thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

Or do what I do !!! (sometimes)

Premix a small batch of ONR (say 2 or 3 litres) and keep in a small sealed bucket. I do make it a little more concentrated for the application. Come time soak a clean fluffy MF and apply to the whole panel needing attention, dry with a drying towel. Easy as and takes only a few minutes. Seal unused ONR for the next time. I do refresh the ONR after about a month if need be.
    Last edited by AusAbarth; 16-05-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Put the ONR in a spray bottle, one of the 5 litres weed sprayer things.

cheap i picked one up for $10

Comment

Thanks guys . So you can use ONR as a Quick Detailer to spray and wipe? How is that different to using a dedicated 'QD' ?

AusAbarth: So you pre-mix a batch of ONR/Water then store it? Would't the water go stagnant ?

Thanks

Comment

Never tried ONR as a QD – cannot comment, but I would rather use a dedicated QD

Fair point about the stagnate premix ONR, however I use a little 5 litre bucket to store the ONR (10ml in 2litres). By the time you use it a few times then you need to top up so really no chance to get stagnant. If I have not used it for a month – I chuck it

HTH

Comment

Im in similar boat having to maintain a car that is permanently outside. So with onr.. Do u do a pre rinse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks AusAbarth . Yeh, I was looking at specific QD's as It's my understand they have lubrication? Whereas, ONR uses water and the ONR holds the dirty to be pulled off, then use a drying towel to dry? Gets rather confusing, lol.

Originally posted by Titan View Post
              Im in similar boat having to maintain a car that is permanently outside. So with onr.. Do u do a pre rinse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Curious also. My understand is you use that with 'light' dirt (or is that something for QD's?) ? How does one determine if a car is too dirty to use ONR or a QD, and therfor may need a pre-rinse before using a QD/ONR ?

Comment

Recently got some onr, onqd and oww. I was planning on using the qd as normal ie qd spray.

The other two i am a little confused also, but was thinking that if the car has driven in rain for a few days its probably too dirty. A few days after a 2bw and not being able to garage my(daily) new ford ranger (skyline and boat live in the garage), it is exposed to elements and may not need a 2bw so i would use the onr or oww then i guess, depending on things like time i can spend, accessibility to full a bucket with the diluted solution of onr.

I was going to premix a sprayer with oww to keep in my vehicles "quick detail" kit

Comment

Great thread!

What kind of drying towel are you guys using with ONR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

That's another thing Ill have to look into... getting a nice fluffy drying towel.

At this stage, by the looks of it, I think my car might get too dirty to use normal QD. What other option might there be for a Rinse-less wash other than ONR ? I had a couple of people tell me McKees makes a good one (though can't find them available in Aus), aswell as Wolfgang ... thoughts?

Comment

ONR 1:16 dilution with a spray bottle. There's your waterless wash/quick detailer for cheap. Works great. Honestly I don't even use rinseless with ONR, I prefer foaming lancing with 2bucket

Comment

Originally posted by xewp View Post
                        ONR 1:16 dilution with a spray bottle. There's your waterless wash/quick detailer for cheap. Works great. Honestly I don't even use rinseless with ONR, I prefer foaming lancing with 2bucket
                        Does the ONR provides enough lubrication ?

How's its cleaning abilities and foaming ?

Comment

Originally posted by Widget View Post

Fair bit of info in this forum thread (Unless the formula has changed over the years).

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ad.php?t=46246

Comment

Thanbks Jemichae, Ill have a read

While on the subject, what's everyones thoughts on Poorboys Spray & Wipe, and Poorboys QD ?

[EDIT] Adding Finish Kare 425 to the list of looking at... thoughts ?
                            Last edited by Widget; 20-05-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Widget View Post

Sorry worded wrong. What I meant is I only use onr as a qd/waterless wash when I'm lazy (and also clay lube at 1:64). Otherwise I use my regular car shampoo to foam and 2bucket. I hear onr is good as a water softener though. As far as cleaning abilities it gets the job done. I haven't tried other waterless washes before so can't comment but I've got no complaints from onr

Comment

Working...
                              X