No announcement yet.

Washing large SUVs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been using an Ikea bathroom stool or stand on the door sills for many years, which is far from ideal nor safe.

Finally bought a work platform made by Gorilla from my local Total tools. Adjustable height and also very useful as a temporary bench for onsite jobs. It's also extendable along its length.

If anyone wants me to post a pic of it let me know.

Comment

several milk crates cable tied to each other makes a great platform.

Comment

The wash poles are great, anyone know of a drying attachment for the pole?
        Nobody should ever stand on upturned milk crates, the plastic decays in the sun and the injuries to your leg after your foot crashes through are horrific.

Comment

Originally posted by pt59 View Post
          The wash poles are great, anyone know of a drying attachment for the pole?
          Nobody should ever stand on upturned milk crates, the plastic decays in the sun and the injuries to your leg after your foot crashes through are horrific.
          Sew some elastic around the edge of a drying towel.
          Use the wash mitt as a rough pattern.

Comment

Gave my new Ranger it's first wash last weekend. I've got to start buying smaller cars.

Comment

Every time I take my FJ Cruiser offroad, I forget how much effort it takes to get all the mud off. It gets in everywhere, some even got in through the drivers window, and it's what the CSIs call high speed transfer. But it is so much fun.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
              Remember,
              Silence is Golden,
              and Duct Tape is Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by apsilon View Post
                Gave my new Ranger it's first wash last weekend. I've got to start buying smaller cars.
                Yeah ... So much easier to wash a small car!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crembz View Post
                  Yeah ... So much easier to wash a small car!

Audi TT's, 911's and their ilk are all a pleasure to wash as well, small and low, long joining lines.

Comment

I had a polish/detail job on a 200-series Landcruiser on the weekend(my first time detailing anything that's so large it has its own post code) which included washing, polishing and sealing the roof. I ended up using a wide-base 5-step ladder which was stable enough, tho i think in the future i'll get a before-mentioned raised work platform if i can find one that's tall enough

Comment

Originally posted by aetb View Post
                      ....tho i think in the future i'll get a before-mentioned raised work platform if i can find one that's tall enough
                      Think I'll do the same. Did the Ranger again on the weekend (Sun was a spectacular winter day) and have to move the safety step 3 times per side by the time I include the front and rear windows and even then can only just reach the middle and I'm going to lift it shortly so some extra height over the step would be useful.

Comment

I picked up one of those platforms for like $60 from Bunnings ... Most useful thing I've bought in a while

Comment

Yeah there's a $99 one from bunnings that goes up to ~90cm(it's adjustable) and has a 150kg load rating which i think i'll go pick up this weekend

Comment

Yeah mine rises that much ... Didn't think it cost that much though

Comment

Yep there's a $60 one which has a lower load rating, I just prefer erring on the side of caution

Comment

I was just checking them out, neither will work for me, I'm over 120kg, so the cheap one is out, and I wash my FJ Cruiser on the front lawn, so I have a feeling I'd lose some height to sinkage, if not tip over completely with only the 4 rubber coated feet on wet lawn.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
                                Remember,
                                Silence is Golden,
                                and Duct Tape is Silver.

Comment

Working...
                                X