Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Mustang

Hi all
    I'm a sucker for white cars and pick up my new Mustang this week.
    My previous car was a current shape WRX in pearl white but I was really lazy with this car for some reason.
    Never bonded with it I guess.
    Initially I used Opticoat on it and must say it always looked good and clean but never WOW.
    So this time I want to enjoy the stang by getting it as good as I can without spending too much time.

Can anyone recommend a good process to get it to pop as much as white will allow?
    Should I start with Opticoat again or are there better newer products (gyeon)out now?
    Is it worthwhile waxing etc over the top.

Apologies if this has been asked time and time again

Opticoat pro+ great product, would be most long lasting coating on the market which not only bonds to your paint but become part of your paint. Nothing quite like it on the market in terms of the SiC composition instead of the usual SiO2 composition.

But if you want the maximum pop from a solid white colour, I would go for Kamikaze ISM, as the Opticoat Pro coatings aren't reknown for the best depth or gloss compared to some others.

You can top with wax on top but I would use Kamikaze overcoat on top of the ISM and top that up as a drying aid at least every few times you wash the car.

As with all Kamikaze products they are priced some way above the likes of Gyeon, Carpro and Gtechniq, I doubt this would be an issue for you if you can afford a new Mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by EG30 View Post
      Opticoat pro+ great product, would be most long lasting coating on the market which not only bonds to your paint but become part of your paint. Nothing quite like it on the market in terms of the SiC composition instead of the usual SiO2 composition.

But if you want the maximum pop from a solid white colour, I would go for Kamikaze ISM, as the Opticoat Pro coatings aren't reknown for the best depth or gloss compared to some others.

You can top with wax on top but I would use Kamikaze overcoat on top of the ISM and top that up as a drying aid at least every few times you wash the car.

As with all Kamikaze products they are priced some way above the likes of Gyeon, Carpro and Gtechniq, I doubt this would be an issue for you if you can afford a new Mustang.
      I would be inclined to choose Kamikaze Miyabi for a flat white, especially given how easy it is to apply.

Either would still look fantastic.

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice .
        Will check it out

Comment

Working...
        X