Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about quartz-based products

Hi everyone, I'm new here so please be gentle

I've been trying to find the answer to this question for a while now but can't really find a satisfactory answer:

Why do most quartz-based products(Gyeon for example) recommend using a high-pressure water flow to 'activate' the product? What is the actual mechanism that is set in motion by the pressurised water, that doesn't work(well) any other way?

Any insight would be A+ awesome

No need for concern. People on this forum are very friendly.

I've not heard of that, though I've only used cquartz and ism (great)
    Would be interested in knowing more about this..

Comment

I'd say that it's to avoid getting runs or drying too thickly, hence the wet application and power rinse

Comment

You need to specific about what you're talking about.
        My assumption is a product like Hydr02. This is part of their description

Our "Hydroelectric bonding" function means HydrO2 reacts chemically with water contact! This means the coating transforms from Hydrophilic to Hydrophobic. The pressure from spraying with water accelerates the bonding of HydrO2 to the surface creating a Hydrophobic layer.

I can't think of a coating that suggests using high pressure...most suggest not getting it wet for a period of time after application.
        Por que no los dos

Originally posted by SMOKEY
        Cheers Dan - but I think you're half the problem - why can't my paint look like yours after I've finished it!?! Unobtainable perfection! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by KNGPN View Post
          You need to specific about what you're talking about.
          My assumption is a product like Hydr02. This is part of their description

Our "Hydroelectric bonding" function means HydrO2 reacts chemically with water contact! This means the coating transforms from Hydrophilic to Hydrophobic. The pressure from spraying with water accelerates the bonding of HydrO2 to the surface creating a Hydrophobic layer.

I can't think of a coating that suggests using high pressure...most suggest not getting it wet for a period of time after application.
          Yep you're right, I should've been more specific I was meaning things like Gyeon Wetcoat which wants high pressure water used after setting-up for 10s or so, and wants to be applied only on a clean and wet surface.

Comment

Working...
          X