Black car, help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black car, help needed

Hi guys, need some help! polished, sealed and waxed my black chrysler yesterday.

Looked great after polish, gave IPA wipe down. Then i put sealant on, and it went in every little chip on the car (of which there are alot) and turned them all white with residue. I was pissed off and waxed it anyway hoping it would hide it...

i know im gonna have to strip it all off, but what can i do to 1) get rid of this as easy as possible? and 2) finish my car without filling the chips etc with product... the chips wernt really noticeable before as they were still black like the rest of the car....

detailing will be the death of me, think your cars gonna look great, end up bringing out all the imperfections haha.

What % IPA did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

12%

Comment

If i go with a more aggresive IPA approach, say 50% to strip wax and sealant, and then another round of IPA to get in the chips, do you think that will clear it up?

Comment

Originally posted by mr,inchy View Post
          Looked great after polish, gave IPA wipe down. Then i put sealant on, and it went in every little chip on the car (of which there are alot) and turned them all white with residue..
          1) You polished then Striped? Shouldnt you strip, clay, then polish?

2) your sealer turned you're chips white?

Stip it (with ct18?) and start again and dont put the sealer on.

Comment

I washed, i clayed, I polished, I IPA wiped down, I sealed, I waxed in that order

it was either the sealant or trapped polish which i only noticed after i removed sealant... i wasnt working in ideal conditions after i finished polishing i was working in poor light.

Comment

Use a different type of sealant that isn't a cream. Opti-Seal or some type of coating like Optimum Gloss Coat
              Zen Automotive Suppliers Pty Ltd
              Premium Car Detailing Products & Accessories
              Email: sales@zas.com.au
              Like our Facebook Page

Comment

will try that next time then, thankyou

Comment

Working...
                X