Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA recommendations.

Hi All,

My sights were set on the Shinemate 12mm DA kit from waxit and I've been dropping hints to my wife like no tomorrow for the birthday or Christmas lists. It seems the price has jumped recently (a good $59) event though it's new price is with it advertised as being on sale. Has anyone else found this?

In comparison I saw this kit on CCP website (link below) and with the additional backing plate and pads it comes in significantly cheaper than it would be to buy the Shinemate 12mm kit and add on a backing plate and the pads. My question is, with others experiences, is it worth saving the $70 and buying the CCP or should I stick with Shinemate?

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/p...6_pro_kit_plus

Originally posted by rhysn View Post
    Hi All,

My sights were set on the Shinemate 12mm DA kit from waxit and I've been dropping hints to my wife like no tomorrow for the birthday or Christmas lists. It seems the price has jumped recently (a good $59) event though it's new price is with it advertised as being on sale. Has anyone else found this?

In comparison I saw this kit on CCP website (link below) and with the additional backing plate and pads it comes in significantly cheaper than it would be to buy the Shinemate 12mm kit and add on a backing plate and the pads. My question is, with others experiences, is it worth saving the $70 and buying the CCP or should I stick with Shinemate?

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/sh...a-polisher-kit

you mean this EX605 kit on sale now for $380?

Comment

Hi All,

You meant the EX605 kit on sale now for $380? Comes with polisher + 6 Shine mate pads and 3 bottles of 500ml Scholl polishing liquids.

Comment

Hi EG30. That's the one. I know there's bound to be variations based on different manufacturers etc but hoping someone can give personal experiences or reputations into differences between the kits.

Comment

Hi EG30. That's the one. I know there's bound to be variations based on different manufacturers etc but hoping someone can give personal experiences or reputations into differences between the kits.
          I have owned a Shinemate EX605 for about 9 mths before upgrading to a Rupes Duetto and I use all of the polishes in that kit on a regular basis as well as the Shinemate range of pads. I bought a CCP kit in the past as well with the Mint Pro Tools L15 ( aka DAS 6 Pro Plus ) and the same pads and Menz liquids as the kit you are considering.

There is no comparision in terms of the polisher, the DAS6 pro is horrid, vibrates a lot compared to the L15 or EX605. 8mm throw is lame by today's standards. We live in 2017 not 2003 and there are many choices of up to date, modern, powerful, efficient and well balanced machines avail from your local vendors or from China direct thru Aliexpress ie L15/das6 pro plus landed here for just under $200.

The CCP MF pads are decent and works well, but their foam pads are pretty average and I much prefer the Shinemate ones.

I would go for the Waxit kit, just be happy you have a great DA with 5" backing plate and not worrying about 3" for a while till you have the budget to by a proper dedicated 3" DA like the Ex603 down the track.

The EX605 is cheap version of the Rupes but in terms of grunt and smoothness it is definitely NOT inferior.

Comment

I am in the same position with the 12mm Shinemate kit and the DAS6 Pro kit, but each time i read into each one i change my mind which one to get. I wish they had longer Warranty periods though since many people say how reliable they are, even Ryobi has 6 year Warranty (apologies for comparing it with the Ryobi lol). But knowing my luck, as much as i take care of my things, they die after warranty!

Comment

Im in the same situation too, I really like the look of the zentool21 and the support seems good from researching forum responses. I was going to get the clover form aliexpress but the lack of support worries me.
              The zentool seems like it has little upgrades over other copies, I watched a good youtube review on it too.
              I bought a rockwell as well to throw a small backing plate onto, I should really just be happy with that haha

https://www.zas.com.au/product/708/z..._polisher.html

Comment

This is the review as well that has helped my new obsession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk2O00rNuRE

Comment

I have also added the Zentool21 to my list too until i learnt the term 'throw' so i decided maybe 21mm is too large?

So the short list is the;
                  DAS6 Pro 8mm
                  Shine Mate EX605, 12mm
                  Shine Mate EX610, 15mm
                  Zentool ZEN-21E2, 21mm
                  Flex XFE7-15 150, 15mm

Rupes - off the shortlist due to bad support reviews on this forum.

So which mm is the better all rounder for a beginner?

Comment

hi
                    A 15mm is not fast steady steady pace but
                    15mm unit would do the job that bit faster than 12mm
                    eg 5-6 inch tapered pad gets most areas

Do a small car and a 21mm 6-7 inch machine becomes a little pointless
                    Great to have if u have big flattish areas but otherwise ,well u get the idea
                    Great for a detailer, panel shop etc

Remember to tape up with painters tape all your rubbers badges handles headlights trim moulds washer nozzles . This all saves clean up and damage to these parts .
                    Depends on how I feel I can pressure washer gently the areas of polish inclusion [polish under trim ] to clean up . Sometimes when finished 100% or inbetween the
                    [compound , light compound/ /polish , synthetic sealant , synthetic wax ] polish and sealant processes.

I use a Flex p4-8 1-3 inch rotary 2/3 inch body work , 2inch for glass ,1 inch does not have the edge speed of the larger pads ,only use where have to .

Comment

Hi guys. Thanks for your interest in our Zentool 21. We do also have a 15 available if that is your preference. It's just not on our website.

If you're wanting the 15 please email customerservice@zas.com.au or call us 1300 599 616 and we can let you know where to purchase it.
                      Zen Automotive Suppliers Pty Ltd
                      Premium Car Detailing Products & Accessories
                      Email: sales@zas.com.au
                      Like our Facebook Page

Comment

Any specials at the moment for the Zentool 21?

Comment

Hi Grippy. You can expect some specials end of the month coming into Christmas
                          Zen Automotive Suppliers Pty Ltd
                          Premium Car Detailing Products & Accessories
                          Email: sales@zas.com.au
                          Like our Facebook Page

Comment

I have a shinemate 610-5/15 (5" backing plate with 15mm throw) and my mate just bought the Zentool 5" plate 15mm throw and the zentool is hands down a better machine. It's quiter and smoother, the switch is nicer, less vibration and you can change the backing plate between 5" and 6"

To me there's no comparison.

Want to buy my shinemate? lol

Comment

Working...
                            X