Daily Driver - At what point do we say, "Ah, stuff it"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Driver - At what point do we say, "Ah, stuff it"

Got my scangrip sunmatch 2 light today from the recent eBay sales, and tried it on my daily driver which I recently prepped and applied a fresh layer of Zymol Concours wax.

The scangrip allowed me to see all the swirls and scratches which I couldn't have otherwise seen when I was prepping the paint (despite taking it out into the sun afterwards!).

I've been trying to chase every swirl and scratch on this daily for so long, that I've now simply can't be bothered anymore.

I understand it's impossible to chase perfection on a daily driver.

So what % paint perfection is your level of comfort for your daily driver? Keen to hear your thoughts.

I've been wanting to chase all the marks out of mine and, for the first time...ever, it actually copped a proper two-stage correction. I still have a number of stone chips I'd like to repair (thanks, Dr Colorchip) before even considering a coating and there are also a few sections of the car that need a respray due to impact damage or shitty factory paint. After all that gets done, I'm going to go for Kamikaze ISM or Miyabi to lock in the goodness. Seen it in action and I need that in my life.

Having put in the effort, my intention in the meantime is just to wash and dry it as safely as possible. Don't want to undo all the good work and, with the kilometres the old taxi does (clicked over 200K last week), I need all the help I can get

Mick
    Last edited by QIKMIK; 28-11-2017, 10:11 PM.
    MY09 Senator Signature
    Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Comment

Originally posted by QIKMIK
      I'm going to go for Kamikaze ISM or Miyabi to lock in the goodness. Seen it in action and I need that in my life.
      Just passed 13 months on a 4-season daily driver with Miyabi x2, ISM x1 on it. Car sits outside 8 months a year, little bit of Overcoat as a drying aid monthly, looks and performs as if it was just applied. Solid stuff for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurro
        Got my scangrip sunmatch 2 light today from the recent eBay sales, and tried it on my daily driver which I recently prepped and applied a fresh layer of Zymol Concours wax.

The scangrip allowed me to see all the swirls and scratches which I couldn't have otherwise seen when I was prepping the paint (despite taking it out into the sun afterwards!).

I've been trying to chase every swirl and scratch on this daily for so long, that I've now simply can't be bothered anymore.

I understand it's impossible to chase perfection on a daily driver.

So what % paint perfection is your level of comfort for your daily driver? Keen to hear your thoughts.
        85% single stage. Leave rids alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X