Paint sealant/ ceramic coating advise for new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint sealant/ ceramic coating advise for new car

Now that I am about to pick up another new car giving me 2 cars under 6 months old in the driveway I am thinking more about how to start the paint protection process. Searching through the forum brings plenty of mixed results and opinions? Can I get some current feedback on thoughts for what are people suggestions for sealants and or ceramic coatings you would use on a new car (and why).

Hi,

I bought a new car Jan 2017 and although not a professional detailer myself, looked after it avidly. I have only really experimented with Waxit's Concor's spray wax / coating range. First trying out Nova Jet Spray and now their newer Nova Lustre products both based on Silicon Oxide coating. The difference in sprays was longevity with Nova Jet lasting at best 2 wash cycles (about 1 month) and my Nova Lustre is about 2-3 months in and still holding up ok. Given i am building up confidence with the products i use im probably going to opt for a Ceramic Coating next time around like a CarPro Quartz or Nova DC.

Comment

Originally posted by cbalci View Post
      Hi,

I bought a new car Jan 2017 and although not a professional detailer myself, looked after it avidly. I have only really experimented with Waxit's Concor's spray wax / coating range. First trying out Nova Jet Spray and now their newer Nova Lustre products both based on Silicon Oxide coating. The difference in sprays was longevity with Nova Jet lasting at best 2 wash cycles (about 1 month) and my Nova Lustre is about 2-3 months in and still holding up ok. Given i am building up confidence with the products i use im probably going to opt for a Ceramic Coating next time around like a CarPro Quartz or Nova DC.
      Thanks for the feedback. As a relative newbie myself I have opted for a ceramic coating as my starting point and have arranged a package deal to get all 3 of our cars treated with Opti-coat Pro+. Now that I have a starting point I just have to get the maintenance regime fully up to speed including training the son to look after his car as well now

Comment

Working...
      X