New used car care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New used car care

Hi all, just purcahsed a new (used car). It will be aprked outside and i am wanting to try and protect the apint from the elments as much as possible.

The paint atm is in pretty good condition, one tiny scratch on the bonnet and a little spotting 50c size on the bonnet as well. aprt fromt hat its pretty good, 13 year old Audi A6. Ill upload some pictures when i get home (What format? or use a host?).

I was thinking about doing it myself, i dont have any gear left, havent had a decent car to look after for a few years.

Should i go out and spend a couple of hundred buying clay bar, polishes/waxes, scratch X etc etc again or am i better getting a professional detail done 1 or twice per year and me just washing in between?

PS: Would a good wax opritect the car outside or is some kind of coating treatment a better option?

Thanks.

Image cid 607 hosted in imgbb.com

Comment

Image 20180202 121238 hosted in imgbb.com

Comment

Audi paint is usually hard, so consequently hard to correct if it has issues. If the paint is swirled and you don't already have the equipment then get a pro to correct it. If it is in good condition then do a strong wash (lots of shampoo in the mix), a hand polish to clean it up, then use something like Moonlight, Reload or Overcoat as a long lasting sealant.
        When is the next track day?

Comment

Hi get a pro to coat it, then get a ph neutral wash and a good mitt with 2 buckets to maintain. Build your gear slowly and then when coating fades, by then you would have a good idea how much time you can spend on cars to decide to get Pro to top up the coat or do it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X