Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using D155 as a drying aid over Z2

Hey all,

My wife is going to pick up her new car this week (Fiat 500X in white) and I want to keep it looking new for as long as possible.
    Over the years, I've collected a few different bottles of QD's and waxes. All of them had expired/gone bad, except for the Zaino Z2 and Megs D155.

I was just wondering if it would be ok to use Megs D155 as a QD/drying aid after I have applied Zaino Z2 to the paint? Or will it mess with the Zaino?

If D155 is not ok to use, what product should I be using after washing the car as a booster, that will not mess with the Z2?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Any thoughts on this? Am I just better off getting some OCW?

Comment

So what tranny did you end up with the 500X ???

Got my sis (who has a blue 500X) onto Optimum NR with the wax and she uses the Optimum QD as a drying aid .....still looking good after 20 months

Comment

Originally posted by AusAbarth View Post
        So what tranny did you end up with the 500X ???
        A whirlpool user I see :-)

We ended up with the 6 speed. The 9 speed didn't shift as smoothly, which is strange considering that it is a traditional auto box, it felt like it was constantly hunting for a gear and had more warranty complaints that the 6 speed.

I used Zaino Z2 on it and it feels and looks awesome. On the second wash, I gave it some OCW.
        I'm still interested in knowing if I can use D155 on it though as a drying aid, as I still have at least 2L of the stuff left. Will D155 conflict with OCW?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X