How to change backing plate on Rockwell ShopSeries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change backing plate on Rockwell ShopSeries

Hi all, just recently bought a Rockwell ShopSeries polisher from SCA and a smaller backing plate online after reading about the options here. Now just want to know how I remove the stock backing plate on this? Can't seem to figure it out as it's the first time I'm using this type of tool.

The same way you put the original in.. Ie screw it out and screw in a new plate. Download the manual if you get stuck. I run mine with either 5 inch or 3 inch backing. The original 6inch is only useful for putting wax on lol..

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by troycar
      Hi all, just recently bought a Rockwell ShopSeries polisher from SCA and a smaller backing plate online after reading about the options here. Now just want to know how I remove the stock backing plate on this? Can't seem to figure it out as it's the first time I'm using this type of tool.
      It comes with a thin spanner. Slip the spanner between the backing plate and the machine body, and onto the nut where the backing plate screws in. Hold the spanner and twist the plate to unscrew

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X