X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks mate, I appreciate you not making me feel like a massive noob
    "MLITE" - 2015 BMW M135i in Valencia Orange

Comment

anyone that's tried to use dodo supernatural on a dark colour would know all about gassing

yet ppl still continue to hype it

Comment

Wash Shampoo - Wolf's White Satin
        Wash Mitt - Bowden's Own - Muffy Sponge
        All Purpose Cleaner - Mint APC
        Window Cleaner - Stoner Invisible Glass
        Wax - Dodo Juice Range
        Spray Wax - CG V7
        Sealant - Wolf Chemicals Body Wrap
        Decontamination - Iron X/Tar X, Dodo juice Clay bar
        Microfibre / Drying Towels - MIRACLE DRYER ABSORBER
        Leather - Surf City
        Metal Polish - Purple Metal Polish

Clint.
        "A swirl is a swirl no matter what way you look at it."

Comment

Originally posted by domino
          anyone that's tried to use dodo supernatural on a dark colour would know all about gassing

The Dodo guys have come along way from Dom's kitchen stovetop but they still have a long way to go.

Comment

poorboys gear seems to work for me on black they have good gear blackhole,nattys blue all good :wink:

Comment

I'd love to hear from someone that's used some of zymol's more expensive waxes. It'd be interesting to hear whether the finish they produce justifies the enormous price difference over some of the other brands.

Comment

Originally posted by domino

I have, , I condem all Dodo waxes, way to hard to apply and remove and are not superior in durability or looks over other much easier products.

Comment

Originally posted by IBTROLLIN
                  I'd love to hear from someone that's used some of zymol's more expensive waxes. It'd be interesting to hear whether the finish they produce justifies the enormous price difference over some of the other brands.
                  You have to bear in mind that the more expensive Zymol waxes (Vintage onwards) come in massive 22 ounce pots with free lifetime refills (for enthousiasts only). On a per application basis, they are not that much more expensive than Zymol Concours, depending how much you wax over the course of your life .

I think Zymol Atlantique is the last in the line of non-free refill Zymol waxes, and by all accounts it is a nice wax but there is a bit of wank factor about it. I think Phil/Spurgen had a sample pot, perhaps he can chip in with his first hand experience.

Comment

Wash - Dodo B2BM or Bowdens Own
                    Wash Mitt/Sponge - Bowdens Muffy Sponge and C Quartz Mitt
                    All Purpose Cleaner - Trade
                    Decontamination - IronX
                    Degreaser- Trade
                    Clay - Bowdens Own
                    Polish - Menz and Meguiars and some special blends
                    Glaze - Dont really use them
                    Wax - Swissvax Crystal Rock, Swissvax Best of Show, Naviwax Dark, Lusso Orro plus have many others like Swissvax Shield, Samurai, DP Max Wax ect
                    Spray Wax - Optimum Car Wax
                    Sealant - Jetseal 109, Opti-seal,
                    Coating - Opti-Guard
                    Tyre Shine - Wolggang for shine, Optimum Polymer Tech for nice look
                    Dressing - 303 Aerospace Protectant, Bowdens Own Vinyl Car, 1Z cockpit
                    Glass - Bowdens Naked Glass
                    QD - Trade
                    Leather - Zaino

Comment

Zymol advertise a sample pack of Atlantique, Vintage and Royale if you want to find out first hand :wink:

I haven't used anything in this price bracket probably never will, but am intrigued like many others about the possible results achieved by the likes of SV Crystal Rock + Divine or Zymol Vintage + Royale.

The individual is the only one who knows if they can justify spending the money on high end boutique waxes. The results a $1500+ wax produce are obviously not 15X better than a $100 wax, put simply are you willing to pay an enormous % more for a small % gain?

My impression is a lot of info on these waxes is based on the observations of the many who have read about them on detailing sites, this being based on the experience of a small minority who have actually used the waxes. I wouldn't be making a decision based on pics of cars on a computer screen with these waxes applied as it will do very little to show the 'real life' results on a car. Its no secret that an average looking car under the right lighting with the right photography can be made to look far better than a perfectly detailed car with bad lighting and photography.

Presently I couldn't justify the price of any of these waxes, if I can in the future then it would be a great satisfaction to personally know what finish is achievable from one of them.

Comment

Valid points Dan. I myself am nowhere near experienced enough to be able to accurately compare waxes etc.
                        I personally think 'detailed' from Immaculate Reflections does great work from what I've seen and he uses SV high end waxes.
                        I suppose buying expensive products because you've seen a talented pro use them to great effect is like kids buying the same boots as their fave footy star. The boots give you the gear necessary to achieve the results but if you don't have the skills then you won't perform the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_S
                          Zymol advertise a sample pack of Atlantique, Vintage and Royale if you want to find out first hand :wink:

I haven't used anything in this price bracket probably never will, but am intrigued like many others about the possible results achieved by the likes of SV Crystal Rock + Divine or Zymol Vintage + Royale.

The individual is the only one who knows if they can justify spending the money on high end boutique waxes. The results a $1500+ wax produce are obviously not 15X better than a $100 wax, put simply are you willing to pay an enormous % more for a small % gain?

My impression is a lot of info on these waxes is based on the observations of the many who have read about them on detailing sites, this being based on the experience of a small minority who have actually used the waxes. I wouldn't be making a decision based on pics of cars on a computer screen with these waxes applied as it will do very little to show the 'real life' results on a car. Its no secret that an average looking car under the right lighting with the right photography can be made to look far better than a perfectly detailed car with bad lighting and photography.

Presently I couldn't justify the price of any of these waxes, if I can in the future then it would be a great satisfaction to personally know what finish is achievable from one of them.
                          I was skeptical about Crystal Rock prior to buying and using, but am amazed at how good it is as shown on the Ferrari 512 I just did. Now you are right its not 15x better than a $100 wax probably not even 3x better in looks but durability it should be (time will tell).

Is it a must for a high quality car or detail? do you have to NEED something to get it? hell no its just nice to have lol.

Is BOS or Mystery just as good as CR? I will be finding out soon

Comment

Can't wait to see your results mate. Unless you're particularly well off I think you need to be a pro with decent work volume and technique (such as yourself) to justify the cost of some of those waxes. A n00b like me just wouldn't see the benefit from it IMO.

Comment

Don't forget, its not all about looks. There's so much other stuff that makes a great wax. Dirt repellency is my favourite quality. I drove my Zymol'd Fairlane through rain for a whole night and in the morning the paint was still clean even though the wheels were filthy (I didn't seal my rims )

Comment

Wash Shampoo - Duragloss 951
                                Wheel Washing - As above.
                                Polish (Non Abrasive) - Autoglym Super Resin Polsih
                                Polish (Abrasive) Menzerna
                                Paste Wax - CG Petes 53 (have Swissvax Scuderia but prefer Petes 53!!)
                                Spray wax: Prima Hydro or Zaino Z8
                                Sealant - WG Deep Gloss Sealant
                                Glaze - Poorboys Blackhole
                                QD - Prima Slick
                                Microfibre - ZAS waffle weave. Not fussed on any other polishing or buffing cloths but tend to pick Aquatouch as the best of an average bunch
                                Plastic - Meguiars PlastX
                                Wheel sealing - DG Wheel Glaze
                                Windows Cleaner: Autoglym Fast Glass
                                Window Polish - Autoglym Glass Polish
                                Interior (carpets/cloth): Autoglym Interior Shampoo
                                Interior (other) - Aerospace 303
                                Rubbers - Einzlett Gummi Pfledge

Comment

Working...
                                X