Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline Water Filter

Hi

For further improvement with detailing and this warm weather we been having i have been thinking about adding an inline water filter.
    My understanding is a water filter will improve quality of the water, and help with water drops drying on paint and reduce streaking before i get around to drying.

No idea where too start looking, but does anyone here use one?

Had a look on internet and found a review at DW (i really hate DW) and came across a waterspot inline filter review, but problem is it is UK based.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/waterspot_..._sop=12&_rdc=1
    link above is the filter and I'm after something along those lines....i think!!

My high pressure unit has an in built filter, but not for water quality, but capturing dirt, hair etc.

So just wondering if anyone else could point me in right direction, maybe forum sponser could buy something in, im really unsure and just throwing this out there
    Detailer's prayer - "Grant me the power tools to correct the fixable, the fillers to cover the hopeless and the wisdom the know the difference."

"If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

"Car waxes and paint sealants are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many"

I have an aqua pure whole house filter system on my line into the house I got it originaly to cut down on the chlorine level in our tap water ....it has a single element to remove sediment and rust n stuff then it has a double element to remove odours and chemicals ... I got it at bunnings originally not sure if they still sell them but Google will find it for you... it was about $450 total ...the elements are about $10 each for the sediment pre filter which lasts about 6mth the secondary elements cost about $40 and need changing about every 18mths ....the amount crap it removes its got to be saving all taps appliances and is so much nicer to shower without the chlorine.... really notice it elsewhere.... and no water spotting .....awesome..
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -Benjamin Franklin

Relax......... I'm from the internet!

Comment

I probably wouldn't waste your time with those small inline ones, not to mention they would need to be changed regularly. Is it a particle filter or a carbon filter for chemicals?

I bought a triple whole house filter, not cheap but it last up to 30,000 gallons and has gauges on it to tell me when the filter is on its way out (you can pickup a double one for $120-400), my outside taps ran off a pump / water tank or off mains when the tank is empty, so i disconnected the pump / tank and ran the mains pipe into the filter instead of the pump and connected the indoor and outdoor pipes to the outlet on the filter. Then put a garden hose connection on the pump to connect a garden hose directly to it so i can still use the tank / pump for the lawn whilst the indoor and outdoor taps get filtered water off the mains.

Comment

I got no idea about which one i need, but a whole house unit looks like the only option, unless i wanna replace the inline hose one every month.
        Detailer's prayer - "Grant me the power tools to correct the fixable, the fillers to cover the hopeless and the wisdom the know the difference."

"If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

"Car waxes and paint sealants are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many"

Comment

You could get something like this - http://www.autogeek.net/deluxe-filter-system.html

A lot easier to install and connect next to the tap then piping your house main into a whole house filter unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_NanoShine View Post
            You could get something like this - http://www.autogeek.net/deluxe-filter-system.html

A lot easier to install and connect next to the tap then piping your house main into a whole house filter unit.
            looks like the system for our filtered tap in kitchen but obviously spits out water at higher rate
            The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

I've looked around before to try and find something to use that simply fits onto a tap or at least in line with the hose. Had no luck. Being mobile I get mains water, tank water, bore water and even dam water (which sometimes stinks). One place I go the whole building uses tank water only. They must have great filters as the cars can dry out and they're spot free. The only problem is the water pressure is a bit low.
              Trev. Tiger Car Cleaning. 0408 100 467. Melbourne Outer East & Yarra Valley.

Comment

Going back a few years ago now. 2004 to be exact.
                I was called out for a full detail on this 4wd that had like these terrible water spots or more water damage to the vehicle. most of the car was white spots that had etched into paint, it was his water and he admited it was his water that causes it.

I would like to have an option of a good filter for mobile operations that can be used when needed or poor quality water is only option.

But for moment i don't need that option, so ill go the dual stage filteration for house at present moment

Comment

Woder 5K-Gen3-JG-3/8 is the best Inline Water Filter in the industry. Enable your employees and customers to enjoy pure, healthy fountain water on tap, as well as pristine ice.

Comment

Working...
                  X