Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rupes Bigfoot 21 kit - Unwrapping the new beast!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTAILA View Post
    nice purchase....the more you use this machine the more you will realise it's potential. The blue and green pad with the zephir compound yield outstanding results... Its a game changer...

rupes blue pad & zephir is amazing to compound ceramics... cuts and finishes down alot better than you would think.

both these details were 2 stages only -

Mercedes detail - blue rupes & yellow rupes pad - http://www.detailparadise.com.au/sho...-amp-Opti-Coat

Monaro detail - green rupes pad, white rupes pad -
    http://www.detailparadise.com.au/sho...-Rupes-Bigfoot
    Nice one Cam! Looks like I got more reading to do!

Comment

damn you matty. more research to do now
      The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivant511 View Post
        recalled you buzzed over with the Festool in some pictures during your Singapore trip....fine specimen or otherwise?

VK55 - I can personally assure you and many if not all who's got one will attest the Flex VRG is truly superb machine. I can't fault it honestly. Build quality is uncompromised and can run all day long and won't miss a beat.

The reason I'm getting a big foot (won't acronymise to BF as it's usually reserved for other purposes...and I'm not a Beiber fan) is to help speed through the bigger panels.
        I certainly prefer my Flex over the Festool, it's easy to hold it where ever you want on the body. The only reason I'd buy a Festool is if I was left handed (speed dial position).

The Bigfoot is quick over the panels! Just have to wait for some MF pads for mine, then I'll be truly happy with it!

Comment

Originally posted by LIBERTYRX1 View Post
          damn you matty. more research to do now
          Lol! Should start a group buy for the 15 then?

Comment

I'm going to get a 5" backing plate for mine to try, could be best of both worlds?

Comment

m105 and opt mf pads = awesome correction ability.

Comment

Originally posted by toey View Post
                m105 and opt mf pads = awesome correction ability.
                thats what I'm hoping for!

I tried a 5" MF with UC on mine carefully, it worked extremely well. As good as I could ever get it with my G220 DA, maybe even better finish, but only took about 1/3 of the time I recon.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                  thats what I'm hoping for!

I tried a 5" MF with UC on mine carefully, it worked extremely well. As good as I could ever get it with my G220 DA, maybe even better finish, but only took about 1/3 of the time I recon.
                  Nice Buy Matty,next time your driving past Bunnings slip in and grab an M8 machine washer and you will find those correction times will come down even further
                  Jason & Tracy
                  | Phone: 0429 707 066
                  | Web: http://www.glossdetailing.com.au
                  | Email: enquiries@glossdetailing.com.au
                  | Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GlossDetailing

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gloss-Detailing View Post
                    Nice Buy Matty,next time your driving past Bunnings slip in and grab an M8 machine washer and you will find those correction times will come down even further
                    Ahh great! Someone that's done the washer mod! Cheers Jason!

Yes, there's a lot of friction between the backing plate and the rubber surround!

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                      I can get these quite cheap with huge saving off the Australian price, the 21 and 15 kits, all spares etc, so I could organise a group buy if people are interested (if I'm allowed)!
                      Interested.
                      Trev. Tiger Car Cleaning. 0408 100 467. Melbourne Outer East & Yarra Valley.

Comment

Me too! Wondering whether a group buy is possible?

Comment

Interested in the price too

Comment

@Matty - Interesting to see you've changed your mind after stating in an earlier thread that you weren't keen on spending this kind of money after initially trying the R21. Can I ask why the change of mind...?

Comment

Originally posted by madf6 View Post
                              @Matty - Interesting to see you've changed your mind after stating in an earlier thread that you weren't keen on spending this kind of money after initially trying the R21. Can I ask why the change of mind...?
                              Still not keen on the retail price, but I got a cheap supplier!

I got the shits with my G220 DA taking too long, so I just ordered the damn thing! I like to use the DA with MF pads for polishing instead of the rotary, and was always going to upgrade it, so just bit the bullet.

Still getting used to it, did a blue M135i today with it, and it's impressively quick!

Comment

Out of curiosity, has anyone considered just having one sent over from the US? They go for $200 or so cheaper, so with postage you would still come out about $150 ahead?

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Rupes...her_p_854.html

Comment

Working...
                                X