Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan101 View Post
    What's a tamest ot? iPads have a home button
    Off Topic. For once not in Wrongtown. Yet..

Top right corner in photo album, hit edit. Rotate 180 degrees.
    "Perfection is lots of little things done well." Fernand Point

Comment

O i give up

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
        Off Topic. For once not in Wrongtown. Yet..
        Hi Nath!!

Is that an invitation or a request?

Hahahaha
        Steve Woolmer
        Sanmer Detailing

P: 0413 025 505
        A: Unit 18, 48 Lindon Crt, Tullamarine
        E: sanmerdetailing@gmail.com
        F: www.facebook.com/SanmerAutomotiveDetailing

Comment

Now now Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sanmer Detailing View Post
            Hi Nath!!

Is that an invitation or a request?

Hahahaha
            Only you could turn this into Wrongtown, but for once, just once, please don't...

Comment

Cats. Bewbs. Guns.
              Needs moar spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Linwe View Post
                Cats. Bewbs. Guns.
                *sigh* Someone had to...

And of all people, Mary?!?

Comment

I'd go with:

1. Clean Wheels

2. Foam whole car

3. Allow to dwell

4. Pressure wash

5. 2BM Wash

6. Rinse

7. Dry

Being time poor, I compress things a bit by going: get out pressure cleaner + foam lance, 2 + spray wheel cleaner, 3 + get the wash stuff out, 4, 5 + 1, 6, 7 (with AquaxWax or IUDJ), house/garden work.

Sometimes, I find I need to mist the car a couple of times during 3 to allow for enough dwell time.
                  If it beads...

we can clean it.

Comment

Go for the polisher. Correct your paintwork and apply a good wax or sealant (or even coating) to everything. Then you can do rinseless washing easily and save time and water. Use the Garry Dean Wash Method, you don't have to use his wash, I use Protect All Quick 'n' Easy Wash and lots of people like Optimum No Rinse. Worried this might cause swirls? Do it right and often and you won't cause any more swirls than a regular wash. If your car gets quite dirty at some stage then yes give it a rinse off with a pressure washer and the local do it yourself.
                    Trev. Tiger Car Cleaning. 0408 100 467. Melbourne Outer East & Yarra Valley.

Comment

I'd go with:

1. Clean Wheels

2. Foam whole car

3. Allow to dwell

4. Pressure wash

5. 2BM Wash

6. Rinse

7. Dry

Does number 4. Pressure Wash mean rinse with the pressure washer i.e. Karcher/Gerni?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes

Comment

Thansk wolfgang.

And no issues with the OT posts guys. Friendly rants

Now can someone recommend me a good wheel cleaner?

One issue i have is a shit load of brake dust on the STi's rims. As the car is tracked it runs HC/competition pads, Project Mu HC specs to be specific. On the road they generates a lot of brake dust as the pads dont like being used cold. Another problem being tracked is i end up getting brake pad melted onto the rims, i assume its the pad's adhesive. Thick gunky shit, like dense brake pad dust. I once used a digital thermo to measure my brake pad temps after 3 hard laps around the track and they were up around 160 degrees.

I brought some iron x which has managed to disolve and clean off the melted brake pad gunk off the rims. So i think i have that problem sorted.

One i haven't resolved yet though is how to effectively and quickly get brake pad dust off them. Every weekend i have to scrub my ass off.

Oh, and for the two bucket method is it worth buying grit guards? Seem damn expensive for pieces of plastic
                          Last edited by STi06; 27-03-2014, 02:48 PM.

Comment

There's a thread here for wheel cleaner recommendations.
                            http://www.detailparadise.com.au/sho...=wheel+cleaner

I think Iron-X is a good rim cleaner though. Other alternatives that members prefer seem to be Sonax or 1z Colourtec.

On top of that, maybe it will be a good idea to seal the rims as well. Would make it a lot easier to clean without the need for an expensive rim cleaner. If you go down that route, there's Opticoat, Fk1000p & Cquartz just to name a few.'

I personally have mine sealed with Fk1000p. It's been 6 months and it's still going strong. All I need to clean my rims are just regular car wash shampoo and warm water.
                            Last edited by RyanMK; 27-03-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

This is very good. Pressure can save your lot of money. You can also use it for your home cleaning. It will be very helpful. And with this, you can clean everything very fast. And you can use pressure washer soap for your cleaning job. It will help you lot.
                              Seed up with best pressure washer detergent soap. Reviews help you to decide to chose best power washer detergent chemicals soaps.

Comment

Working...
                              X