buckets that fit grit guard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buckets that fit grit guard

struggling to find an off the shelf bucket that fits a grit guard. I purchased a 20 litre bucket from supercheap but it gets to about 3/4 of the way in and stops as the bucket isn't wide enough. Is there any stores that stocks buckets that will fit it or am I stuck ordering online and paying a delivery on top

I believe the paint buckets from bunnings fit them. Big white ones with a lid.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks can see the biggest paint bucket on their website is only 4.6L but they do have a range of other buckets might just take my grit guard down there and see what fits

https://www.bunnings.com.au/search/p...directFrom=Any

Comment

This is the one that i use. Not sure if they still stock them or not.

Comment

looks like they do, thanks will give it a try

https://www.bunnings.com.au/search/products?q=maxipail

Comment

Look for one outside the front of a house that is being built or renovated - they're used for paint and fillers
            If it beads...

we can clean it.

Comment

I just bought the set from CCP. Don't know how they compare for price but certainly happy with the product.

Mick
              MY09 Senator Signature
              Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Comment

Originally posted by kaanage View Post
                Look for one outside the front of a house that is being built or renovated - they're used for paint and fillers
                I live in a brand new estate, my house just turned 1 year old in December and there are heaps of houses being built around us will keep an eye out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dyln_bxtr View Post
                  This is the one that i use. Not sure if they still stock them or not.

Just bought this one and got it home and bloody same thing it gets 3/4 of the way down and stops

Comment

Originally posted by azzah View Post
                    Just bought this one and got it home and bloody same thing it gets 3/4 of the way down and stops

You're joking. Really?? What a pain in the ass....

Comment

Yeah maybe I should just buy a kit with both prefer not to though

Comment

Went back to Bunnings with my grit guard and the bucket and managed to find a 15 litre bucket that fit it. It's not a snug fit maybe a 3-4mm gap but should do the job. And even got $7 change from exchanging the old bucket

Comment

Now u need this.

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/sho...uard-Washboard

Comment

I know some will disagree but I've been using grit guards in the common 20l pail where they only fit around 3/4 of the way down for pretty much as long as there's been grit guards and I've never had a problem with swirling up the dirt from the bottom and introducing marring. You've still got the fins to stop water directly under the grit guard from swirling and a deeper level of "waste" water as a buffer.

I have also just added some of the Chemical Guys dirt traps under the grit guards. A while back a mate of a mate bought 3 of them and found they didn't fit any bucket any tried and sending them back to the US was going to cost too much so I got them real cheap. Earlier this week I spent some time trimming them down. Took about an hour to do all 3 as the plastic is very soft and so tended to melt and reform requiring the final finishing to be done by hand. Now I have them fitted in the very bottom underneath the grit guard. Haven't used them yet but will try and remember to report back as to if the dirt sits on top of them or does make it to the bottom of the bucket.

Comment

I too have been searching for an over the counter solution for months now.

I picked up three of these from a Outdoor store here in SA called Anaconda. The Grit Guard sit flush on the bottom with very little to no gap between the bucket walls and the Grit Guard.

It was $8 and it looks the same size as the Bunning 20 Litre, but unlike the Bunnings bucket it sits on the bottom and does not get stuck 3/4 way down.

Direct Link *note* does not come with gold rim as pictured
                              https://tinyurl.com/ml4r7rj

Hope this helps

Leigh
                              Last edited by LowerSpasm; 04-05-2017, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X