Solution Finish - Interior Plastic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution Finish - Interior Plastic

Hi all, well decided to try out my new purchases and give Solution Finish a try.

My car is only 2 yrs old but the plastic trim needed a little bit of loving. Did all exterior trim and thought it looked gr8 why not try the interior plastic to give it a bit of a freshen up and maybe hide some of the plastic scuff: scratches.

Well approx 4hrs after application I'm still getting black transfer from the product onto my clothes and microfiber.

I've wiped down all the interior plastic trim with 2 x microfiber 1 x dry and 1 x damp and there is still some black transfer???

The product feels dry to touch, looks matte but still getting transfer.

I can only assume I'm removing the product???

Any tips

Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming that you haven't applied too much, I don't believe it's meant to be used in interiors, so it may be reacting to the type of plastic you have inside.
    Chances are though, it's probably a much less porous material inside and it's just sitting on top and not being absorbed.
    Por que no los dos

Originally posted by SMOKEY
    Cheers Dan - but I think you're half the problem - why can't my paint look like yours after I've finished it!?! Unobtainable perfection! Haha

Comment

I'm getting black transfer on the plastic that's on the exterior aswell. I'm just not to concerned about that cause there is less chance it will transfer into your clothes. There website indicates it will work on plastic & vinyl.

Comment

if you have a heat gun handy, i would probably try curing it a bit quicker but very carefully and slowly
        The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Solution Finish Transfer

Hello ,To start off with ..yeah solution finish. is for exteriors only. But many pro Detailers use it for interiors quite successfully but they always apply solution finish. buff off all of the excess surface oil with a dry microfiber towel. (Never wet)then wait up to six hours before applying a trim coating over the top… That's the only way to ensure no carbon transfer.
          One reason for that has already been touched on but a little more info… Interior plastic is always coated with a sealer at the factory… It's microscopic and it can't be seen. The reason they apply it is to keep the plastic from gassing off harmful VOCs.
          If you would like I would walk you through the process anytime 714-307-8780

Originally posted by wanted View Post
          Hi all, well decided to try out my new purchases and give Solution Finish a try.

My car is only 2 yrs old but the plastic trim needed a little bit of loving. Did all exterior trim and thought it looked gr8 why not try the interior plastic to give it a bit of a freshen up and maybe hide some of the plastic scuff: scratches.

Well approx 4hrs after application I'm still getting black transfer from the product onto my clothes and microfiber.

I've wiped down all the interior plastic trim with 2 x microfiber 1 x dry and 1 x damp and there is still some black transfer???

The product feels dry to touch, looks matte but still getting transfer.

I can only assume I'm removing the product???

Any tips

Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by LIBERTYRX1 View Post
            if you have a heat gun handy, i would probably try curing it a bit quicker but very carefully and slowly
            Looks like you were right. The product just needed extra time to cure.

All is good [emoji12][emoji12]

Comment

Working...
            X