Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do all waxs retain dust?

Hi all,

I havent tried alot of waxes, and before joining this forum i never used to use wax at all.

ever since i started using it seems as though after a few days of driving, dust is like a magnet to the car way more then if i were not to use wax at all, and it just stays on the car....

im using angel wax QED. Will all waxes give me the same problem? Im considering soft99.
    Last edited by ZR36; 06-09-2017, 09:15 PM.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comment

I've been using QED consistently for a while now and I have noticed a lot more dust in the past week or two. I think it's due to no rain and lots of wind causing dusty conditions recently. You can try something different but make sure you note the weather conditions as you change things up because my money is on the weather, not the product.
      Timmeh!!!

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Want some tips to help with taking detailing photos? Click here!

Comment

My opinion is that wax loves dust.
        I have a white MUX and waked it from new. Found a lot of black sooty residue which at first I thought was related to the diesel fumes.
        Anyway my finding was that the less I waxed the less black dust. Tried the wax on my FG also white and noticed that there was significant dust build up after.
        I have recently changed over the Isuzu to Fusso soft 99 and will see if there is a significant change in the amount of dusting clinging to the paintwork.
        I will continue with the wax on the FG as I love waxing every time I wash it. It also provides a benchmark comparison.
        Cheers
        Damo

Comment

Working...
        X