Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot clear coat

Hi all,
    Doing a paint correction on a 4007 Peugeot. It is THE hardest clear coat that I have ever come across. 1500 didn't really do what I was aiming for in the leveling.
    It just filled the sanding disc and started to pigtail. Was cleaning the disc often . Moved on to 2000 and used three discs to level the bonnet. Using 3m cutter and shinemate /rules pads. Any one done one and have a plan they are willing to share. Will be really appreciated.
    D
    Last edited by Darreniod; 08-09-2017, 08:58 PM.

These are single stage, from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Darreniod View Post
      Hi all,
      Doing a paint correction on a 4007 Peugeot. It is THE hardest clear coat that I have ever come across. 1500 didn't really do what I was aiming for in the leveling.
      It just filled the sanding disc and started to pigtail. Was cleaning the disc often . Moved on to 2000 and used three discs to level the bonnet. Using 3m cutter and shinemate /rules pads. Any one done one and have a plan they are willing to share. Will be really appreciated.
      D
      4007 is the refaced Mitsubishi Outlander right? What colour is it? solid white?

are you trying to sand away a RIDS or wetsanding a large area?

what polisher and sanding discs did you use?

Comment

To all that replied,
        thanks for taking the time people, I got the job sorted and went on holidays, so I was offline for a while.

Comment

Working...
        X