Sydney PDR recommendation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney PDR recommendation?

Can anyone recommend a PDR place, mobile ideally, in Sydney?

Stupidly managed to put a dent near the rear door on the Ranger. It's only small but it's one of those things that will annoy me. 9 years with the old car and not a dent on it. 3 months with the new one and managed to do it already.

Where abouts in Sydney are you?
    "Perfection is lots of little things done well." Fernand Point

Comment

Hills District or Villawood. Actually not sure I'm going to bother with it. Spoke to one bloke about it. He thinks the dimple can be removed easily but the crease within it is unlikely to be completely removed which is what I expected. Bit of research showed a few paint issues on these vehicles so while the paint is intact I have some concern that if it needs to be pulled out that it might pull the paint right off. So, given how small it is and the fact even I can't see it from 0.5m away, fixing it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by apsilon View Post
        Hills District or Villawood. Actually not sure I'm going to bother with it. Spoke to one bloke about it. He thinks the dimple can be removed easily but the crease within it is unlikely to be completely removed which is what I expected. Bit of research showed a few paint issues on these vehicles so while the paint is intact I have some concern that if it needs to be pulled out that it might pull the paint right off. So, given how small it is and the fact even I can't see it from 0.5m away, fixing it might be more trouble than it's worth.
        might be an idea to take some really good pics and PM our PDR guru in Melbourne for a quick opinion. He's always happy to give an expert opinion (pm QBDentfree)
        The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

I tried taking some pics the other day and it really doesn't show up well/at all. Being a white car with good gloss and really the dent is more to my pride than the car it just doesn't show up well. You can see it in person when you're right next to it as you can move around and take advantage of the shifting light and reflections but a still photo is tough. Maybe with a polarising filter to help cut through any reflection but that's more trouble than I want to bother with right now.

Comment

The mention of QBdentfree caught my eye.

I have to say he did a stellar job on my car the other day. It was a fiddly dent on the door edge and despite all the challenges that brings in getting the tools in so close to the seam, he got the job done brilliantly.

I had some doubts going in - and couldnt be happier with the outcome.

Comment

Thanks guys!
              Apsilon, Rangers paint should hold up fine during repairs. It's just a bit thin, so scratches can't be chased too far.
              I'm happy to give you my thoughts on the damage if you manage to snap a photo, or even a quick video-pan of it.

Don't give up after speaking to one dent guy - like detailers, there can be huge differences in results depending who you speak to

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks mate, I might get in touch. FWIW I'm not worried about thin the paint is, I'm literally worried about the adhesion. I've seen a couple of rangers where the paint has been lifted away around the same area by methods that shouldn't have effected it. It's unlikely there's access to the skin in that area from behind so it'd probably need to be pulled out from the front and I'm just not sure the glue wouldn't pull the paint off before pulling the dent out.

Comment

Originally posted by apsilon
                  Thanks mate, I might get in touch. FWIW I'm not worried about thin the paint is, I'm literally worried about the adhesion. I've seen a couple of rangers where the paint has been lifted away around the same area by methods that shouldn't have effected it. It's unlikely there's access to the skin in that area from behind so it'd probably need to be pulled out from the front and I'm just not sure the glue wouldn't pull the paint off before pulling the dent out.
                  I've never had an issue with adhesion of any factory paint with the exception of a few older Subaru's and (I recently discovered) new Camry's. It's possible Ranger's have issues and I've been lucky so far.

If your damage is in the area I think it is, I would expect to be glue pulling, but would certainly spend the 5 mins to remove the trim and cross fingers for a conveniently located hole. There will almost certainly be a few holes in there that lead to the external skin

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

If only we could convince QBDentFree to come to Sydney and do some PDR work.....

Comment

Working...
                    X