How to remove micro marring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove micro marring

OK here is the deal, using Optimum hyper polish and a DA and finishing pad. I use a damp ONR microfibre cloth to wipe away the polish. The black paint (non metallic Infiniti / Nissan) is so soft that the microfibre cloth scratches the paint and leaves micro marring. I spray the area with ONR to add more lube which helps but there is some micro marring marks that is driving me crazy.

Any ideas? Micro marring only shows up on horizontal surfaces. I don't want to continually polish the paint as I'm worried that I'm removing too much of the clear coat.

That paint is a nightmare. Iíd suggest using something like this as your finishing polish https://www.zas.com.au/product/883/t...ish_250ml.html

Contains some fillers but they donít wash out and will give you that finish youíre looking for. The Microfibre wonít mar the paint during wipe off either.
    Zen Automotive Suppliers Pty Ltd
    Premium Car Detailing Products & Accessories
    Email: sales@zas.com.au
    Like our Facebook Page

Comment

I'll look into it Joel. Since there are fillers in the polish what if I want to use Optimum gloss coat on top of the polish? How will the polish reach with glosscoat?

Comment

Should cause no issues with Gloss Coat but Iíll test this to confirm!
        Zen Automotive Suppliers Pty Ltd
        Premium Car Detailing Products & Accessories
        Email: sales@zas.com.au
        Like our Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
        X