Optimum No Rinse INSTEAD of car wash?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimum No Rinse INSTEAD of car wash?

I've been searching around but I can't seem to find an answer. According to ONR's instructions you can add an ounce to your regular car wash solution to act as a water softener. My question is, can you use ONR instead of a car soap? As in, add an ounce to 10L of water and hand wash like you normally would with a regular car soap?

Thanks

This video should help you out from around (5:27) . Suggest you watch it all if you can as it seems Yvan doesn't recommend to add ONR to your car shampoo bucket (around 12:49)

Comment

Thats an interesting series of videos, answered my question perfectly. Thanks for that

Comment

Its more like 30ml of ONR with 8 litres of water.

Comment

Originally posted by simo9852 View Post
          I've been searching around but I can't seem to find an answer. According to ONR's instructions you can add an ounce to your regular car wash solution to act as a water softener. My question is, can you use ONR instead of a car soap? As in, add an ounce to 10L of water and hand wash like you normally would with a regular car soap?

Thanks
          I do exactly that in some of my car soap washes when I need to minimise the chances of marring when washing with soap+wash mitt. The encapsulation of dirt is the main reason I do that for and the water softening is a side benefit also.

As Yvan in the video mentioned the ONR will kill the suds. This does not bother me at all cos it's the soap is doing the same job just suds very little now.

For interior wipe downs I have a bucket of ONR at 1:256 in my garage with car soap added ( at normal car wash dilution ), I find this also gives me the benefits of ONR and also oil dissolving properties of car soap. ONR excels in lifting and encapsulating dirt but does not have the detergency to dissolve oil/grease from the surfaces.

Comment

Working...
          X