Sticker removal with unusual Paint fading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticker removal with unusual Paint fading

Hi All, we installed some graphics on a fiat 500 2009 model and 12 months later my client had a mobile detailer remove the graphics and attempt to correct the paint. As you can see from the photos the paint under the stickers is lighter than the exposed areas, usually this would be the other way around? The colour is pasedoble red, i think its single stage but not sure. The detailer tried to polish but i think he only used menzerna 4000. Do any of you think that this unevenness in colour could be corrected with a more aggressive cutting compound? My client (former client now) is pissed and is hitting me up for a total respray, but im obviously not keen on this as in my opinion we have done nothing wrong, we used premium 3M vinyl materials and the car was prepped with avery surface cleaner before installation (similar to IPA). apparently the car is parked undercover but i have my doubts about this. Anyone seen this before? Is Fiat paint usually good or crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 500 with stickers - not that I have removed them. Though a few of my Abarth friends have removed and mixed and matched theirs and I know of no-one who has issues like this. AFAIK all Fiat paint has clear coat - including my pastel grey. The paint quality seems OK - certainly better than my Mazdarati 124

From my inexpert eye - looks like a reaction with the sticker ......I'd ask 3M technical for a view

Good Luck

Comment

Thanks ausabarth, would anyone agree that this would not cut back to match the lighter of the two red colours, ie the light red where the stickers were removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X