Removing glass coating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing glass coating

Hi guys, yesterday I applied glass coating (Tacsystem Quartz Power) and had a brain fade moment and forgot to wipe off the excess and now it has streak all over the car.

I've tried IPA and wax & grease remover and now have started to remove some with a DA polisher (DAS6 and Lake Country orange pad), however it is a tedious process and some places are more stubborn than others and unable to remove.

Would there be a more efficient or effective way to remove all the glass coating to start over?

DA mate or wait 2 years for it to wear off. This is the reason why i don't use coatings on personal vehicles, every 3-6m i want to try different things on panels..

All the best mate.

Cheers

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty much only option is to buff it off from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by PoweredByJenga
        DA mate or wait 2 years for it to wear off. This is the reason why i don't use coatings on personal vehicles, every 3-6m i want to try different things on panels..

All the best mate.

Cheers

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

And what about trying coatings?

Comment

any solution yet?

Comment

Sounds like you’re in a spot. Polishing will remove it although based on what you’ve said about the application, there’ll be some high spots to remove which may need a more aggressive pad polish combo.

This sort of thing is all trial and error as there are many factors like type of ceramic, application, amount, temperature etc so it’s up to you to work out what’s needed.

There’s no easy or one step solution. Ceramics are difficult to remove because they’re designed like that.

Comment

Working...
            X