• Show
Clear All

Lmao
    sigpicwww.reflection-perfection.com.au

https://www.facebook.com/reflectperfectdetailing

Comment

Originally posted by mozza1976 View Post
      Lmao
      maclovin came past to pick up some products i ordered for him. His euro still looks great although he doesnt think so. lol
      The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Looks great cause you did it Lib.
        sigpicwww.reflection-perfection.com.au

https://www.facebook.com/reflectperfectdetailing

Comment

Originally posted by mozza1976 View Post
          Looks great cause you did it Lib.
          thanks moz but i also put it down to fussy owner who knows how to keep it looking good
          The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Crap should have gotten the CCs, was recommended kompressor by waxit since its more gentle. Screw gentle, I'm going all out in Nov, srsly annoying me to drive multiple times to waxit lol

Comment

Old thread but I just picked up an '08 Euro Luxury Navi in Milano Pink. Total bargain and only 80k on the clock.

I used to have a GD3 Jazz and I honestly cannot remember the paint ever being this hard to work with. Menz heavy and medium cut polishes on LC pads I found were somewhat effective. Used a yellow with 400 heavy on a Mak 9237 rotary to knock back 10 years of oxidation on the bootlid, roof and bonnet. Multiple passes required. It was when I switched over to the Festool ETS150 RO and orange LC I actually started getting somewhere. I tried Poorboys SSR 2.5 and found it behaves far better on sticky paint than the Menzerna did. Worked down nicely and didn't bite.

Did a final pass over the entire car with a white LC and Menz super finish 500 but even this combination wouldn't pass as smoothly as the SSR 2.5

Getting the residue off - torture. No amount of IPA / mint cleanser with microfibre would work so in the end I soaked each panel with tar & glue solvent and went over it on lowest speed possible with a red finishing pad. Still wasn't 100% effective but good enough. Snow bombed the bastard with an autobrite using a very thick concentration of citrus based car shampoo. This finally worked.

Dammit, give me German paint any day of the week over this crap. Car looks good though. Wife happy. Winning at life.

Just a regular guy who loves to keep his regular cars in pristine condition

Comment

I've experienced similar issues with "soft" black paint. The typical go-to is a different pad/polish combo to refine a tricky section when in fact it's about the finer details of application & pad cleaning that matter.

The rules are: Prime your pad thoroughly, add lots of polish to lubricate and blow it out regularly to ensure the residue isn't creating swirl marks.

For anyone else facing this issue, have a good watch of this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_0...&frags=pl%2Cwn

Comment

Working...
                X