Hortex Fertiliser and Insecticide Sprayer/Hose Foam Gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hortex Fertiliser and Insecticide Sprayer/Hose Foam Gun

Hi guys so after reading about this in the buys sections where a few of us have bought it thought I might do a quick review. The sprayer easily picked up from Bunnings at reasonable $19.95 is meant to be used as a quick stop gap when you really couldn't be bothered getting the pressure washer out and would still like to foam the car.

Here's what it looks like

The sprayer feels solid a combination of brass, metal and plastic. When connection to the hose make sure the plastic hose connection is screwed in tightly or the will be leakage. Container holds about 450-500mls and spray direction can be controlled with the plastic fitting on the nozzle. I found the direction nozzle a bit silly so might see if I can remove it.

The sprayer was used this morning and in the canister I put 50ml of Iron Zero Foam and 100ml of water. I turned the dial to 10 which I think was the max mix ratio and here are the pics

The foam was left to dwell and then rinsed off, I thought it was pretty good for what it is and am sure that the foaming can be further refined with a more concentrated solution in the container. As a pre wash foam it did well and def has it's place if you couldn't be bothered with the PW and $19.95 can't complain too much with that.
    Last edited by gammachan; 16-03-2015, 02:10 AM.

Nice one GC I have the same and use it all the time with Pink 3D car wash, then one bucket.
    Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

Comment

Thanks Rich cause you boys all started buying I thought I would too lol. Good for a quick foam. How much soap do you put in yours?

Comment

Would love to see a more concentrated solution result. Good review btw
        sigpicwww.reflection-perfection.com.au

https://www.facebook.com/reflectperfectdetailing

Comment

Originally posted by mozza1976 View Post
          Would love to see a more concentrated solution result. Good review btw
          Thanks Mozza will go for a more concentrated solution next time around first time using it so trying to figure out the best way to use it

Comment

Will try and do a vid this weekend on using this and my one bucket wash rinse process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

Comment

i also jumped on the band wagon and purchased one over the weekend - just need for the rain to stop and try it out

Comment

Removed the deflector today will see if it works better and report back

Comment

Originally posted by gammachan View Post
                  Removed the deflector today will see if it works better and report back
                  I would think that the deflector is what gives it the spread... without it I think it will be more of a jet (low pressure one).
                  It will be interesting to see though.

Comment

Hortex Fertiliser and Insecticide Sprayer/Hose Foam Gun

Originally posted by Andych View Post
                    I would think that the deflector is what gives it the spread... without it I think it will be more of a jet (low pressure one).
                    It will be interesting to see though.
                    Yeah true I did think of that but it was so so the deflector sort of shoots up at a angle will give it a go and see if not I will chuck it back on

Comment

Ok deflector removal FAIL!!! Lol deflector is back on and played around a bit more the sprayer likes high pressure and seems to foam more this coupled with a higher concentration of solution in the containers should do wonders. Will report back when I try this.

Comment

Thinking of getting this as a mid week mini clean...would it be a bad idea to foam/rinse/dry in terms of marring the paint?
                        Needs moar spoiler.

Comment

i wouldn't dry a car with a towel unless its washed,
                          but thats just me.
                          Kenan

Comment

I personally wouldn't either. Sometimes I foam, rinse and blow dry.

Comment

I've done it but only when the LSP is really working well - you should be able to see if there is still any dirt after the rinse
                              If it beads...

we can clean it.

Comment

Working...
                              X