X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
    Has anyone tried this product

http://www.ikoala.com.au/media/catal...-_di_-_3_3.jpg

I have used it to foam the car, clean house windows, wash down solar panels, use to put wetta soil on lawn etc.... very multi purpose as you can put as much/ or little as you want in the clear bowl.........it has a two way lever.....move once ...water only....move twice forward engages the mixer.......plus you can dial in different spray patterns....
    I bought 1 of these at Bunnings on special for $10, used it twice and the little screw on cup developed a hairline crack, started spaying me as well as the car, fixed it, 2 weeks later it developed another, fixed that, and it leaked again a week later. If I could figure out how to seal or replace the cup it might be OK. That's why I bought the Hortex sprayer, also because you can adjust the ratio.
    Remember,
    Silence is Golden,
    and Duct Tape is Silver.

Comment

I've been following this thread and thought I might as well try one. Notsotiny's probably being kind in his summary. I may be new to detailing but I've been developing mechanical products for years and sometimes it doesn't take much to turn sh..t into champagne.

All mechanical contraptions have either a kaboomerator, floculator or foofa valve. It just a matter of figuring out what it's got and what to adjust. But seriously, this thing mixes air with water and soap, if you can modify it to get the right ratio it will spray suds. It'll never do the job of the high pressure jobs (unless you have a few thousand Kpa of mains water pressure) but it could be a viable alternative for the weekend warrior or those watching the pennies.

I'll take it to work and have a fiddle over the next few weeks and see if it can be modified to make it work. Gota go it's beer o'clock.

Comment

Happy with mine so far can't argue for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

Comment

I purchased this to use in the garden. I have used seaweed solution (full concentrate) and it works like a gem - did the whole garden (even to the top of the Lilly Pillies), grass - the works. also used it to spray fungicide on my frangipanes . happy with this for this application as well

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
            I bought 1 of these at Bunnings on special for $10, used it twice and the little screw on cup developed a hairline crack, started spaying me as well as the car, fixed it, 2 weeks later it developed another, fixed that, and it leaked again a week later. If I could figure out how to seal or replace the cup it might be OK. That's why I bought the Hortex sprayer, also because you can adjust the ratio.
            you know - bunnings are pretty good and will likely simply replace it, if you purchased it on a credit card and dont have the receipt, just take the credit card and they can search for it from there.

its really no fuss as long as the thing is in its warranty period - I have done it a couple of times

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Yeates View Post
              you know - bunnings are pretty good and will likely simply replace it, if you purchased it on a credit card and dont have the receipt, just take the credit card and they can search for it from there.

its really no fuss as long as the thing is in its warranty period - I have done it a couple of times
              Yeah, Bunnings are really good at replacing or refunding, but I tried to repair it myself with some plastic modelling glue, which was fairly obvious. For $10 I couldn't be bothered. Always remember, if you want a refund, don't try to fix it yourself, at least not obviously.
              Remember,
              Silence is Golden,
              and Duct Tape is Silver.

Comment

I picked one up from Bunnings last weekend for $20, Repco has a lot of car washes on clearance for cheap so I grabbed the 2.5L of Kitten Mud Blaster for $9

https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/k...-5l/p/A9679088

I just used it undiluted and it was about as expected as I've use similar sprayers that attach to a hose before.

However I watched a video showing a similar product where a guy drills a small hole in straw that picks up the car wash, it then sucks in air and makes the solution foam up more.

I'll see if I can find something to fit in the straw to replace it so I dont mess up the original one if it doesnt go to plan.

Comment

Working...
                X