Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft99 Fusso Dark

Hi all,
    Back when I was a lurker I used to spend a lot of time in the review section reading and I don't know if it's just me or not but it seems like there isn't many new reviews on a regular basis. So for this reason, I've decided I wouldn't reapply a coating and I'm going to try test different LSP's and other products with regular updates on durability etc.

So to start off I'm reviewing Soft99 Fusso. I seen a lot of hype about this product on a few detailing groups, mainly people based in the UK. I decided to look into more and I read a few reviews also watched a couple of videos on YouTube where people were demonstrating the water sheeting abilities.
    I decided to take the plunge and order some, after all it was only $40 for a 200g tin..
    It's described as a "12 month wax". I would personally say it's a paste sealant. It has quite a strong solvent smell if you put your nose in the tin. Very similar to petrol actually.
    The day it arrived I got home and decided to apply it to half of the bonnet to see how it would compare to what was left of a previous LSP which was pretty much gone.
    Luckily for me it rained that night and here's a few pictures. Fusso is applied to the left.

The following morning I gave the car a wash and took a short video of the water sheeting ability.

I also flicked to the "shower" setting on the nozzle and pointed it above the panel to try and "simulate" rain.

After that I decided I'd apply it to the whole car as I had nothing planned for the day and it was extremely overdue.
    I gave the car a polish with M205 on a black CCS and a white CCS on the roof and bonnet as there was a few water spots that weren't completely coming out with the black pad.
    I had a quick bite to eat and then wiped the car down with TACSystem Oil Zero. This is pretty much the first time I'd applied a paste sealant/wax to a dark car. It's quite a soft paste so a light twist in the tin is enough to load up the applicator.
    The directions say to apply a moderate amount to the pad and spread evenly and thin. Curing time is 5-15 minutes in summer and a 5-10 minutes longer in winter. I decided to apply it to the whole car and return to my starting point for wipe off.
    Application was easy, after the initial twist all that was needed was a dab to do another panel. It spread really far and after doing the whole car it looks like I haven't even touched it. I was guilty of doing a few extra dabs. I thought all had went well until the next day.. I noticed a haze and a dark spot on the bonnet. I'm not sure if this was from applying too much product in that spot or maybe I applied too much pressure. I tried wiping the panel with Oil zero and IPA. It did absolutely nothing. I had to grab m205 and the black CCS to remove it.
    I reapplied to the panel as thin and even as I good and wiped it off after about 5 minutes. Thankfully all went well.
    Before I polished it off I washed the car. I have never felt a surface so slick during the drying process. I was absolutely blown away. The towel went across the surface effortlessly and I wasn't even using any additional products as a drying aid. The best thing I could compare the slickness to is when you foam the car and glide your mitt across.

To break it down,
    Ease of use - 4/5 (I'm sure if I removed it earlier I would have been fine.)
    Smell - 2/5 you can only smell it if you put it up to your nose but it isn't pleasant.
    Water behavior - 5/5
    Slickness 5/5 They claim Fusso will help reduce scratches and I'm going to say that without the use of a drying aid it would help reduce marring during the drying process.

I will continue to update this post with regular updates. My car isn't garaged and is a daily driver so it will be a good base for testing durability.

Thank you for reading. If there is anything that can be improved for future reviews please don't be afraid to post.
    All positive and negative feedback is welcome.
    Last edited by John MKIV; 04-03-2015, 12:11 AM.

THanks John. Indeed a great product.

You'd notice the popularity in Europe because of their poor weather needing a more durable wax. In the looks department, it is good, but no where near the looks exuded by its brethren King of Gloss or Authentic Premium.

Bon Vivant Automotive Care
    Unit 1, 5-7 Macaulay Street, Williamstown North, Victoria 3016
    T: (03) 9681 9770
    W: bonvivantautocare.com.au
    E: info@bonvivantautocare.com.au
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/BonVivantAutomotiveCare

Comment

Great review John!! Never heard of this Japanese brand.. Looks the goods. I think we need a 3 way battle between this.. ArtdeKotsos and Collinite 845
      “I know that I don’t know anything more than you know. Really… There are no experts. There is only the integrity of doing and having done.” Terence McKenna

FinishPro Detailing Enhancements
      Web: www.finishpro.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/finishproAU/ Email: sales@finishpro.com.au

Comment

Great review John soft99 do have some good stuff

Comment

Nice one John, great 50/50s!
          Por que no los dos

Originally posted by SMOKEY
          Cheers Dan - but I think you're half the problem - why can't my paint look like yours after I've finished it!?! Unobtainable perfection! Haha

Comment

Looks good John - lovely tight beads and the video is great
            Square 1 Automotive Detailing
            Correct - Refine - Protect - Maintain

Email: gareth@square1detailing.com.au
            Instagram: square1detailing
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/Square1AutomotiveDetailing

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

That looks very nice in the sun... I love the soft99 waxes and have a few different one now..
                I find if you give the panel a very light mist with demineralised water before you apply the wax it goes on much thinner and more evenly.
                Also the 4inch LC pads fit right in the tin and the machine lays it down nice..
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains
                long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -Benjamin Franklin

Relax......... I'm from the internet!

Comment

Thanks guys!
                  I'll definitely give that a go next time. I might have to grab dedicated wax pad. Cheers Tony.

Comment

Farkin awesone review John tempted to try this out on the Ovlov
                    Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

Comment

I know it's only been just over a week since application but I thought I'd post a quick update.
                      This afternoon I gave the car a quick wash. Beading and sheeting hasn't degraded. The mitt felt super slick going across the paint during the wash and the same with the drying towel.
                      I'm not sure if it's just my eyes but it appears that the clarity and gloss has increased slightly. Could also be the Quick Detailer during the drying. I did do a wipe without the detailing spray to test how slick the surface felt with the drying towel.
                      Here's a few phone photos. It was getting dark so they're a little grainy.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Its not uncommon to look better after the next wash especially on darker colours as you will get a bit of hazing from some waxes.....
                        Your car looks to have awesome shine...nice one
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains
                        long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -Benjamin Franklin

Relax......... I'm from the internet!

Comment

Very nice John! It looks like your onto a winner with this wax. I'm curious to see how long it lasts. Is the car garaged day and night? Just wondering how it will last if in full sun and outdoor elements.

Comment

Originally posted by bluering View Post
                            Its not uncommon to look better after the next wash especially on darker colours as you will get a bit of hazing from some waxes.....
                            Your car looks to have awesome shine...nice one
                            Cheers Tony.
                            Originally posted by Valvebouncer View Post
                            Very nice John! It looks like your onto a winner with this wax. I'm curious to see how long it lasts. Is the car garaged day and night? Just wondering how it will last if in full sun and outdoor elements.
                            Thanks! It's only early days, I did consider using a spray wax but I decided against it as I want to test the durability of Fusso on its own.
                            Nope, it's exposed to full sun all day every day and left outside at night. It's never parked under a tree or a carport. I guess we'll just have to wait and see with durability.
                            I had to deal with a bird bomb on the weekend. It was on the car for at least 3-4 hours. I got home and rinsed it off with the hose and it hadn't degraded Fusso in that spot.

Comment

thats great work there John - that beading shot would probably win a CCP contest

Comment

Working...
                              X