Shinemate EX-610/EX-603 Machine Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinemate EX-610/EX-603 Machine Review

Finally got my hands on some Shinemate machines and since there's been little feedback on them is thought I would do a quick rundown on the ones that I have. The two machines i have are the EX-610 15mm and the EX-603 12mm mini Polishers. I intended to have these as backup machines so I have a Rupes BF 15 and Rupes Mini to compare against.

As received

Mmmmm....new machines

Open those boxes

So a quick history on the Waxit machines, the previous generation of machines were the Concours branded machines with the c900, c908 being probably the most familiar and later the 921. With these polishers we saw huge improvements in safety, reliability and ergonomics and user operability from previously available machines and the Shinemate machines are that next step in technology advancement.

The Shinemate machines are introduced as a professional level group of random orbital/rotary machines offering great levels of safety, comfort and usability with performance to match more expensive machines.
    Apart from the machines Waxit offer Shinemate's complete range of pads, polishes and compounds to compliment their machines.
    All machines are backed with a 18 month warranty and complete after sales support to give a nice peace of mind.

http://youtu.be/BxISrIe-JOY

The first machine is the Ex-610 15mm. The machine is a high performance, medium throw machine with a 5 backing plate, featuring soft start and anti-vibration features with dynamic torque adjustment, this machine is the perfect balance between power and efficiency. With increased versatility due to a smaller backing plate, the EX-610-15mm will tackle all jobs and surface angles effectively.

Machine Specs
    -500w
    -5" Balanced
    -15mm Orbit
    -Soft Start
    -Dynamic Torque Adjustment

And we all know what this is going to be compared to the Rupe BF 15 Mk1

Rupes specs
    -500 watt motor
    -5" BP
    -15mm Orbit
    -Silent operation and minimum vibration
    -Soft start guarantees an acceleration ramp to prevent accidental dispersion of product
    -Anti-spinning feature prevents high speed rotations avoiding scratches
    -Electronic feedback control maintains constant in all applications

So the specs are almost identical

What comes in the box

Documentation

Top view

Right side

Bottom Side

Left Side

Speed Graph

Backing Plate Design- Top (Shinemate) Bottom (Rupes)

That extremely long cord everyone is talking about plenty of leeway to move everywhere.

https://vimeo.com/179318286

Rupes Sound Test Speed 1-6

https://vimeo.com/179318391

Shinemate Sound Test Speed 1-6

My thoughts on the EX-610 is that it's a well balanced machine with ergonomics if you've used a Rupes you will be right at home with this. The machine is quiet with good ventilation throughout keeping the machine cool for long durations. Vibrations are also minimal with the well balanced nature of the BP and counterweight design providing stable use. During use I did not find the machine to bog down in areas the Rupes did, it good to note while testing I used no washer mod but I do normally run a Kamikaze BP on the Rupes. I did have a little evidence of oil on the back of the backing plate but I am sure this is from the initial greasing of the machine and had no more issues with it. The BP is well made with plenty of holes to allow for ventilation keeping the pads cool under use, the Velcro also held the pads tightly. Correction wise I found little difference between the two.

Next up the EX-603 12mm Polisher Mini. Described as a machine with the same class leading smoothness characteristic of all the shine mate series polishers, coupled with a 3 backing plate, this machine will become your go to for all the small jobs detailers love to hate, with the same fantastic corrective power of its big brothers in a smaller package, the EX-603 punches well above its weight and is the perfect complement to your polishing arsenal.

Machine Specs
    -500w
    -3" Balanced
    -12mm Orbit
    -Soft Start
    -Dynamic Torque Adjustment

And we all know what this is going to be compared to the Rupes Mini LHR75E

Rupes specs
    -Orbit: 12mm
    -Backing Plate: 80mm
    -Speed - Orbit: 4000 - 5,500
    -Weight: 2.3kg
    -Power: 400W

So the specs are almost identical with the Shinemate having a little more power.

What's in the box

Documentation

Top View

Left Side View

Bottom View

Seems I forgot to take a Right Side View so you will have to make do with a speed controller view. It's important to note that the dials spin opposite directions on both machines I am used to the Rupes so the direction on the Shinemate felt a bit weird but if it's your first machine you shouldn't have any issues.

Those Cords

https://vimeo.com/179324924

Rupes Sound Test Speed 1-6

https://vimeo.com/179325271

Shinemate Sound Test Speed 1-6

Now for thoughts. As with EX-610. The EX-603 is well balanced with great ergonomics.The machine is quiet with good ventilation throughout keeping the machine cool for long durations with minimal vibration. No problems with bogging and again did have a little evidence of oil on the back of the backing plate but I am sure this is from the initial greasing of the machine and had no more issues with it. The BP is same as the Rupes with plenty of holes to allow for ventilation keeping the pads cool under use, the Velcro also held the pads tightly. Correction wise I also found little difference between the two.

In summation the Shinemate series provides a great group of machine well balanced, ventilation providing a level of smoothness and user friendliness seen in higher spec machines. If you are looking for a machine keep these in mind, perfect for the novice or professional or those looking to step up to the next level the Shinemate machines give a budget conscious option to think about in a market where there are so many options.

great indepth review. Lucky yours dont smoke like Bryans
    The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to review. I'm thinking a Shinemate will be replacing my current Rocky.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice one J
        Por que no los dos

Originally posted by SMOKEY
        Cheers Dan - but I think you're half the problem - why can't my paint look like yours after I've finished it!?! Unobtainable perfection! Haha

Comment

Great review. What device are you using to take those db readings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LIBERTYRX1 View Post
            great indepth review. Lucky yours dont smoke like Bryans
            Originally posted by Horace01 View Post
            Thanks for taking the time to review. I'm thinking a Shinemate will be replacing my current Rocky.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by KNGPN View Post
            Nice one J
            Originally posted by OCDLIFE View Post
            Great review. What device are you using to take those db readings?

Thanks guys

OCDLIFE I am using a decibel app patched through to my Apple Watch cause I was using the phone to take pics lol

Comment

Thanks. I must be slipping again on my tech. Good coverage and info. Good to know the noise is quite comparable to the Rupes units. I must have sensitive ears as I still always wear hearing protection 😆.

Comment

Great reviews, yep very long cords

Comment

Originally posted by OCDLIFE View Post
                  Thanks. I must be slipping again on my tech. Good coverage and info. Good to know the noise is quite comparable to the Rupes units. I must have sensitive ears as I still always wear hearing protection ��.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. When I cranked up my Shinemate 12mm machine it was noticeably noisier than my Rupes 75E ( others working around me commented the same ) even though it was still far quieter than the Rocky. As time went on it seems to have quietened down a lot as well as smoother where it was vibrating a bit on certain pads. It's either that or I'm going deaf and numb. Would be interesting to see some db readings from you guys.

Comment

Fantastic review mate 👍

Comment

Thanks for the review!

Comment

Thanks for the review. Nice.

Comment

Thanks for the review. cant wait to order ex610 now!

Comment

Great review! Appreciate all the info.

Comment

Awesome review. Pretty much set my mind on getting Shine Mate gear. It'll be my first set of machines, would you recommend 5" 12mm or the 5" 15mm? I know the 15mm has that extra 3mm but does that make it a bit less easy to manipulate on panels than the 12mm or is that more to do with the backing plate size?

Comment

Working...
                              X