Shinemate EX-610/EX-603 Machine Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhysn View Post
    Awesome review. Pretty much set my mind on getting Shine Mate gear. It'll be my first set of machines, would you recommend 5" 12mm or the 5" 15mm? I know the 15mm has that extra 3mm but does that make it a bit less easy to manipulate on panels than the 12mm or is that more to do with the backing plate size?
    Depends, will you be getting justvthe single machine or is it in conjunction with a smaller machine?

Comment

Originally posted by gammachan View Post
      Depends, will you be getting justvthe single machine or is it in conjunction with a smaller machine?
      Thinking of getting both to have the versatility. From the reading and videos regarding polishing a lot are focussed on throw for the larger surface area panels like bonnets or doors which is great but how would a 12mm vs a 15mm fare on the curved fairings/arches and other such contoured areas? Or is it much of a muchness if done correctly with the right technique?

My Lexus has quite "sculpted/curved" wheel arches and then when it gets up to the top of the door panel it rounds off to meet the window trim which I think could be tricky. Perhaps this is where I'd swap for the 3" regardless of whether I was using the 12 or 15mm?

Comment

Great review, is exactly want i wanted to see, as i am looking at buying the complete kit that waxit sell for $999. Will be replacing my Zentool21, Das6 Pro and Orbital. Value for money they win hands down in my book over Rupes.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by rhysn View Post
          Thinking of getting both to have the versatility. From the reading and videos regarding polishing a lot are focussed on throw for the larger surface area panels like bonnets or doors which is great but how would a 12mm vs a 15mm fare on the curved fairings/arches and other such contoured areas? Or is it much of a muchness if done correctly with the right technique?

My Lexus has quite "sculpted/curved" wheel arches and then when it gets up to the top of the door panel it rounds off to meet the window trim which I think could be tricky. Perhaps this is where I'd swap for the 3" regardless of whether I was using the 12 or 15mm?
          I would get an ex603 if I had to choose one. I did an is350 with one with ease. The hood and arches as you mentioned are a bit hard to maneuver and the only place you can use this is the roof and doors. Yellow pad with precision made short work of correcting. Even the included finesse works well with yellow pads on Japanese paints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OCDLIFE View Post
            I would get an ex603 if I had to choose one. I did an is350 with one with ease. The hood and arches as you mentioned are a bit hard to maneuver and the only place you can use this is the roof and doors. Yellow pad with precision made short work of correcting. Even the included finesse works well with yellow pads on Japanese paints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Thanks for the first hand experience OCDLIFE �� Sounds like it's a goer

Comment

Hi guys

Which Shinemate machine would you choose for a beginner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cheekyage View Post
                Hi guys

Which Shinemate machine would you choose for a beginner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Ex605

Comment

Thanks for taking the time for such a detailed review!

Comment

Hi all. Having a look at the two Shinemates mentioned in this review, how do people think they stack up against this from car care products? Looking at it at face value, you get the flexibility of both Shinemate machines (backing plate size differences) plus plenty of pads etc for the price of one Shinemate.

Comment

Working...
                    X