Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish Angel High Gloss

Hi guys

Been absent from the forums lately, but rest assured i'm still out there messing with new products

I'll be honest, Todd Cooperider's excellent youtube product series got me interested in the Polish Angel line

I've been looking for a 'coating topper' for a while, having been somewhat unimpressed with kamikaze overcoat and not seeing or feeling any visible difference during app. PA High Gloss was being sold as a true gloss enhancer, so that was the first product i decided to try (i've since bought a few more, bellaclean, sprayduster, presto, rapidwaxx)

I applied the High Gloss on my Alpine White M3 after a solid decon wash - this has kamikaze enrei applied by the guru Dan around 7 months ago.

I heard all the feedback about using very little with these PA products, so i primed a deep pile micro madness towel with 3 pumps, and first hit the bootlid. This proved to be way too much product and it smeared. I followed up with a clean short nap and it did clean up the smearing. So i went around the car one panel at a time with one quick spritz in the towel, and followed up with a clean short nap.

I stood back and was pretty shocked with the results, there was definitely a noticeable increase in gloss, and this was a non-metallic white. it was too wet and late in the day to get outside pics, so hopefully it comes across in my iphone pics below

Between PA High Gloss and my Ibrid Nano, these are by far the best 2 detailing products i've bought in some time

- 2016 Jaguar F-Type R - Storm Grey w/ Kamikaze Enrei
    - 2016 BMW M3 Competition - Alpine White w/ Kamikaze Enrei

looking mental sam
    The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Very nice looks awesome might have to try some

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

Comment

Sam,

Good to see one of your reviews again. I too have subscribed to Todd's You Tube channel. Started looking to try and check out Master Sealant, then saw his review of Cosmic Spritz. Think I may give that a try.

What is the steering on the Competition pack like compared to your old E46?

Good to see another Alpine White BM on show!
        When is the next track day?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilK View Post
          Sam,

Good to see one of your reviews again. I too have subscribed to Todd's You Tube channel. Started looking to try and check out Master Sealant, then saw his review of Cosmic Spritz. Think I may give that a try.

What is the steering on the Competition pack like compared to your old E46?

Good to see another Alpine White BM on show!
          I wanted to go a classic BMW M colour, and I've always liked how clean a dialed in white car looks

It's been quite a while bw drinks, including a couple electric rack audis, so my opinion on steering is somewhat skewed now

I've always wanted to buy an f80, I had a demo gen 1 car a while back for an extended test drive and didn't like the steering feel, dampening and ediff programming, powering down off a corner the dampening was all wrong and rear end would skip along a bumpy road fighting for traction, it just didn't seem setup right for an Aussie B road. So I binned the idea and bought an rs3 instead. Did 10k km in that before the fwd bias drivetrain and limits of an a3 chassis started to become more noticeable.

I saw BMW released a comp pack, and given how the comps have always been the pick of the range, I gave it another go. Had one for the day and was surprised to see everything I didn't like was fixed, even the sound was better, it's a combination of a few parts and programming but it's made such a difference. In terms of steering, there is no more slack just off centre, it feels much more direct and the front end is just as quick to transition as I remember my evo was, it just doesn't lose front end grip. There are settings to alter weighting but I just leave it in comfort, anything more feels artificial

I've added a few things like the m performance exhaust and the latest Michelin ps4s which imo has made it as god as this platform is going to get

The ti exhaust has given it some of that trademark rasp like the e46

https://youtu.be/QZd_F3QDYvs

Comment

That thing looks and sounds the biz. Love it!

Mick
            MY09 Senator Signature
            Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Comment

Great review - I tried the PA QD at a Sydney meet a few years back and have always meant to buy some.
              Square 1 Automotive Detailing
              Correct - Refine - Protect - Maintain

Email: gareth@square1detailing.com.au
              Instagram: square1detailing
              Facebook: www.facebook.com/Square1AutomotiveDetailing

Comment

Thanks for the steering answer Sam.

But......M3, white interior........I see a pattern developing!
                When is the next track day?

Comment

i'm always choosing white/light interiors where i can

Comment

Working...
                  X