Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield Review

Finally got around to coating the new car's leather. Bought a CX-9 with black leather and with a baby about to join the family it was both my last opportunity to get a bit of time on the car as well as prepare the leather from the onslaught of fluids and foods a baby can offer.

I used Oakwood Leather Cleaner, a detailing brush and a few microfiber cloths to get the leather prepped. After that, applying the Gyeon product was straight forward. I've watched a few videos on YouTube about techniques etc for getting the job done but essentially you could follow the instructions on the box. The only issue I found with the instructions was using the foam applicator and cloth as a combo exclusively won't get into all the little crevices of the leather detail. This can be worked around using the cloth only and certainly isn't a Nobel Prize winning revelation, but it got the job done.

Super happy with the result, leather looks better than it did when I got the car new so what more can I say. On a side note, I ended up using less than half of the 50mL bottle on a seven seater SUV plus leather trims so as far as value for money goes it's a win win.

Great to hear that you got some good results
    Did you take any before and after pictures?
    Would love to see them
    Cheers
    Damo

Comment

Hi Damo,

Unfortunately not, though I can attest to the Gyeon statement that there's no added shine or gloss, the leather is essentially clean but protected.

Comment

Working...
      X