Closing thoughts on Swissvax Concorso Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing thoughts on Swissvax Concorso Review

Well guys, I've now done 6-7 protection details with Swissvax Concorso and I thought I would share my closing thoughts because my opinion is unlikely to change.

Overall

Too difficult to use. Looks great, but easily matched by other well regarded cheaper products.

Packaging

I know the Swissvax pots have been updated to avoid the situation you see below where the pot comes apart and the lid doesn't screw on easy. But I doubt they have fixed the misleading quantity of wax in the pot. Take a look at how small the inner pot is compared to the outer pot!

Zymol are a bit more honest:

Ease of use

Poor. Its hard to load the pad, the wax suffers from some crystallisation and spreading it on the panel is not as easy as some other paste waxes.

Look

This is a clear, bright wax that gives crisp reflections. Ideal for metallic colours or white and light silvers or good for those with warm or dark colours wishing to enhance reflections at the expense of depth. Looks especially good over Swissvax's Cleaner Fluid.

Protection/dirt repellancy/water behaviour

As others have noted, this wax does not protect against water spotting.

Its a tight beading wax. Sheeting and dirt repellancy are average/acceptable.

Here's pics at 6 weeks on a daily driver:

I find it very very simple to use. Ease of application is one of the easiest to apply and take off?
    Elite Finish
    Adelaide Detailer

0433 700 139
    www.elitefinish.com.au
    hamish@elitefinish.com.au
    https://www.facebook.com/elitefinish

Comment

My measuring stick for ease of use is P21s Concours.

Bear in mind, my review relates to this particular pot. There may be variances between pots, but this particular pot was a pain to work with.

Comment

Compared to a dodo hard wax or collonite 915 I find it a dream to put on and take off.

How do you find the durability?
        Elite Finish
        Adelaide Detailer

0433 700 139
        www.elitefinish.com.au
        hamish@elitefinish.com.au
        https://www.facebook.com/elitefinish

Comment

great write up mate

no need for me to elaborate on the water spotting

i do agree entirely with the crystalisation comment - i would lose so much product over time with it breaking away in between my fingers while trying to heat it up in my palms

even on the pad i would get these solid bits stuck in the foam that would just fall on the floor

vic red for me is just as easy to load up and spread as p21s

Comment

Nice review! I've always been intrigued by the Swissvax (and Zymol) waxes, but could never spend that much on a pot.

Comment

How does that Zymol Concours compare there Caprice?

Comment

Zymol Concours is slicker and sheets slightly better. Beading and looks are about the same (good in both cases).

I can't comment on durability because I've only used Concours on garaged cars that never get driven in the rain.

Concours has a smooth, softish texture whereas Concorso is hard and slightly grainy. I much prefer to work with a smooth wax that loads on the pad easily.

Scent wise, you're looking at cinnamon for Zymol and some sort of peach/mango combination for Concorso. If you like cinnamon doughnuts (thats me), you might prefer the Zymol. Glasur smashes them both in this department though (vanilla with a tough of coconut).

The Zymol lid is ofcourse, notoriously difficult to screw back on. But I love the look of the pot and I hope they never change it - maybe just make the lid a tiny bit smaller so that it fits!

Comment

with some paypal funds sitting in my account, ive been tempted to pull the trigger on a pot of ebay'd Concours, but read it sweats on app and is a bit tricky to buff off

i havent tried my glasur yet, hdc + gl will be my next combo when i get the bug to a paint clean and re-wax over summer

Comment

I haven't used my Glasur yet, so I can't say whether its worth upgrading to Concours.

But if I were making another big wax purchase it would be Raceglaze Black Label.

Comment

do you really think that raceglaze is any good though - i cant trust the behind the scenes sponsored members on dw

i wonder if it's a vic made wax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke_EzGIBEsY

naviwax owns that sheeting

i might order the new autobrite obsession - i had problems removing autobrite black magic, but the vid reviews look like theyve improved app/removal now

Comment

Yes, Naviwax sheeting the best I've ever seen out of anything I've ever used! Was an eye opener when I washed the Lex last week.

+1 on RG being Vics

And Domino, are you waiting for your Glasur to turn into Vintage or something? :lol:
                        Your pot is getting old....

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice270

But if I were making another big wax purchase it would be Raceglaze Black Label.
                          Hey mate any particular reasons why you're considering this wax? It does get good reviews on DW, gets compared to the likes of Crystal rock and Z Vintage. It seems to be in a price bracket on its own, well under these waxes of course, but above the likes of BOS and Z Concours, clever marketing or bargain alternative to the big guns?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_S
                            Hey mate any particular reasons why you're considering this wax? It does get good reviews on DW, gets compared to the likes of Crystal rock and Z Vintage. It seems to be in a price bracket on its own, well under these waxes of course, but above the likes of BOS and Z Concours, clever marketing or bargain alternative to the big guns?
                            my mate in Qatar who's got all of them said he prefers RG55 looks to BL, and RG55 = Vics red, so save your money! :lol:

Comment

Is the RG55 exactly the same as Vic Red Matty or just similar?

I haven't used my Vic Red since I got the Clearkote glazes, gonna give it a go soon over them, looking forward to see how it looks.

Comment

Working...
                              X