Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail Juice sample review

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Garry Dean's Infinite Use Detail Juice sample review

    i'll get straight into this review as ive been so busy lately im having trouble get a spare 5 minutes. Once again thanks to Daniel for the sample.

    i had a chance to use this product over the weekend on my partners Mazda 323. My primary test was as a quick detailer, glass cleaner & lubricant (not the type you guys are thinking)

    LUBRICANT: 5/5
    Firstly i used the IUDJ as a lubricant for wet sanding as she had the front bumper resprayed (blended) a few months back and i never got the chance to clean it up. (very dodgy spray job too, not by me)
    i used 800 then 2000 grade paper with the IUDJ made up 30ml to make 500ml.


    I was very impressed with it as a lubricant for sanding, i usually use water and soak the paper in it. For this test i sprayed the surface then the paper with IUDJ. i kept spraying the IUDJ over the area to keep it wet and it performed very well, alot better than water. After it was sanded i then got into polishing and finally topped it off with a layer of opticoat.



    GLASS CLEANER: 5/5
    i used it all windows of the 323 and it didnt leave any marks or streaks on the glass. impressive.

    QUICK DETAILER: 3/5
    After i had washed the vehicle with optimum wash (i am still hesitant about using the IUDJ as a rinseless wash). i tested it on the vehicles bonnet. i also compared it against optimum gloss enhancer. on the below image the left side was IUDJ and the right was OPT Gloss. I cleaned the bonnet off with ISO alcohol to ensure there were no waxes etc for a proper test. The IUDJ went on easy and wiped off just as well, however my partners car had a few swirls on the bonnet as i never get a chance to do our own vehicles. As you can see from the pics the OPT gloss actually reduced & hid most of the swirls, something i wasnt expecting.


    As far as gloss/slickness goes compared to the OPT gloss the IUDJ did very well and with the dilution ratios it could prove to be very cost effective.


    I then sprayed some water over the bonnet to test if it could bead/sheet water. From the image below i could not see a big difference between IUDJ and OPT Gloss, and they both produced similar beading on the bonnet.



    OVERALL:
    As a detailer i can see it would be ideal for joe average who cleans there car once a fortnight and doesnt need a garage load of expensive products or for that real anal person who has to ensure their car is clean at all times and carries a few products in there car. trust me there are people out there like that.
    However for me, i will always have a plethora of products at my disposal to handle all different jobs. but saying that i will be buying this product as it is very cost effective and does a fairly good job for most tasks. as far as longevity for a tire shine or QD i cant give any comments there. i hope this helps anyone.
    ULTIMATE AUTO DETAILING
    E: jason@ultimateautodetailing.com.au
    M: 0498 132 922
    web | www.ultimateautodetailing.com.au
    facebook | http://facebook.com/uadpro

  • #2
    Wow on the front bumper, that came up awesome. Nice review and thoughts, I'd never considered it for use on glass. Thanks for posting.
    Timmeh!!!

    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.


    Want some tips to help with taking detailing photos? Click here!

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice one, the bumper came up mint!
      Is there any particular reason why you decided to dilute the 30ml to make 500ml? Instead of say, 20ml to 500ml as a lubricant and the suggested 10ml to 500 ml as a QD?
      Por que no los dos


      Originally posted by SMOKEY
      Cheers Dan - but I think you're half the problem - why can't my paint look like yours after I've finished it!?! Unobtainable perfection! Haha

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry I made a mistake there. I kinda rushed this review without fully reading it. I did however use it in the correct dilution ratio.
        ULTIMATE AUTO DETAILING
        E: jason@ultimateautodetailing.com.au
        M: 0498 132 922
        web | www.ultimateautodetailing.com.au
        facebook | http://facebook.com/uadpro

        Comment


        • #5
          No sweat and thanks for the review...after this and all the others, I just want this stuff!
          Por que no los dos


          Originally posted by SMOKEY
          Cheers Dan - but I think you're half the problem - why can't my paint look like yours after I've finished it!?! Unobtainable perfection! Haha

          Comment


          • #6
            Is there an Aussie super of Gary Dean products?

            Originally posted by 200sxdog View Post
            i'll get straight into this review as ive been so busy lately im having trouble get a spare 5 minutes. Once again thanks to Daniel for the sample.

            i had a chance to use this product over the weekend on my partners Mazda 323. My primary test was as a quick detailer, glass cleaner & lubricant (not the type you guys are thinking)

            LUBRICANT: 5/5
            Firstly i used the IUDJ as a lubricant for wet sanding as she had the front bumper resprayed (blended) a few months back and i never got the chance to clean it up. (very dodgy spray job too, not by me)
            i used 800 then 2000 grade paper with the IUDJ made up 30ml to make 500ml.


            I was very impressed with it as a lubricant for sanding, i usually use water and soak the paper in it. For this test i sprayed the surface then the paper with IUDJ. i kept spraying the IUDJ over the area to keep it wet and it performed very well, alot better than water. After it was sanded i then got into polishing and finally topped it off with a layer of opticoat.



            GLASS CLEANER: 5/5
            i used it all windows of the 323 and it didnt leave any marks or streaks on the glass. impressive.

            QUICK DETAILER: 3/5
            After i had washed the vehicle with optimum wash (i am still hesitant about using the IUDJ as a rinseless wash). i tested it on the vehicles bonnet. i also compared it against optimum gloss enhancer. on the below image the left side was IUDJ and the right was OPT Gloss. I cleaned the bonnet off with ISO alcohol to ensure there were no waxes etc for a proper test. The IUDJ went on easy and wiped off just as well, however my partners car had a few swirls on the bonnet as i never get a chance to do our own vehicles. As you can see from the pics the OPT gloss actually reduced & hid most of the swirls, something i wasnt expecting.


            As far as gloss/slickness goes compared to the OPT gloss the IUDJ did very well and with the dilution ratios it could prove to be very cost effective.


            I then sprayed some water over the bonnet to test if it could bead/sheet water. From the image below i could not see a big difference between IUDJ and OPT Gloss, and they both produced similar beading on the bonnet.



            OVERALL:
            As a detailer i can see it would be ideal for joe average who cleans there car once a fortnight and doesnt need a garage load of expensive products or for that real anal person who has to ensure their car is clean at all times and carries a few products in there car. trust me there are people out there like that.
            However for me, i will always have a plethora of products at my disposal to handle all different jobs. but saying that i will be buying this product as it is very cost effective and does a fairly good job for most tasks. as far as longevity for a tire shine or QD i cant give any comments there. i hope this helps anyone.
            I can't find a supplier of Gary Dean products can you point me in the right direction? Cheers.
            Last edited by Mybmw328i; 13-05-2017, 09:15 AM. Reason: Spelling

            Comment


            • #7
              It was http://detailcentral.com.au/brands/Garry-Dean.html but not sure Dan still stocks it n

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TEGBOY View Post
                It was http://detailcentral.com.au/brands/Garry-Dean.html but not sure Dan still stocks it n
                DC doesnt stock any Garry Dean stuff anymore and I dont think GD has any Australian distributors at the moment. You would need to order directly off Garry but shipping costs would make it super expensive
                The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sweet thanks dude. I had a feeling of the same.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for the awesome review! I Would never have thought to use the solution for anything other than what it was originally intended for, so I'm really quite impressed that you were thinking out of the box for this. Thanks for the link of where to get it too. I'm hoping someone else will try this stuff out and corroborate the "findings" for us! More testers would definitely help us a bunch!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X