2004 SP23 Detail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 SP23 Detail

My first show of a detail so be gentle This is a relatives SP23 - run through machine car washes, parked outside and under trees that drop nuclear fallout etc for 13 years. If the clear was any more oxidized the clear itself would've started to rust.. you get the idea.

The car was washed thoroughly then clayed, wheels washed and clayed. Two compouding runs were needed over the top surfaces - Rupes Green pad + Quarz compound on an LHR21 Mk2, then finished with Rupes Yellow pad and Keramik polish. Ammo Skin cured for 24hrs and Ammo Creme wax applied, with Ammo Mud on the tires. The interior was vacuumed and detailed and the seats shampoo'd, glass cleaned etc. Overall it took around 4days including curing time.

I'm pretty happy with the result(the relative in question thought i'd repainted the car).

(that mirror isn't faded black plastic - it's the same paint as the rest of the car)

All done:

Gotta love that black mazda colour when done right. Youve nailed it.

Not suprised they thought it had be resprayed. Tell them to be careful now and look after it. Not a lot of clear coat on those
    Last edited by LIBERTYRX1; 27-06-2017, 10:42 AM.
    The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Thanks

Yep i've had a few words about proper paint care and the like

Comment

Looks awesome great turn around on this one

Comment

Great work bud, the ammo products are great have been using them for a few years now, look into Reflex adds and extra layer of protection and some insane gloss!

Comment

Insane fix, looks heaps better.
            When is the next track day?

Comment

Originally posted by Maccas86 View Post
              Great work bud, the ammo products are great have been using them for a few years now, look into Reflex adds and extra layer of protection and some insane gloss!
              Thank you Yeah Reflex is very nice, my fiance's soul red SP25 has a few coats of it, which combined with Skin and Creme looks absolutely insane in direct sunlight.

Comment

Nice work mate
                Por que no los dos

Originally posted by SMOKEY
                Cheers Dan - but I think you're half the problem - why can't my paint look like yours after I've finished it!?! Unobtainable perfection! Haha

Comment

Awesome turn around mate! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone

Comment

That's a huge turnaround. What on earth did they do to that paint! Very well done, especially for your first time.
                      Timmeh!!!

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Want some tips to help with taking detailing photos? Click here!

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
                        That's a huge turnaround. What on earth did they do to that paint! Very well done, especially for your first time.
                        Honestly, its just neglect more than anything else. It's a daily driver, parked at shopping centres and train stations, kept on the street or in a driveway overnight etc. Oxidization + auto car washes really knocked it around massively, it really is a case where pictures don't do it justice with how bad it really was. The picture of the drivers-side mirror is about the most accurate. And thank you I spent at least 2 years reading and watching and learning everything I could about machines, different compound/polish types, foam cell structures, etc - that was the first time I was able to put it all together.

Comment

Wow man that is really inspiring!

Comment

Good job, just added thousands to the value.

Comment

Working...
                            X