Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rules and format for posting in Market Place.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules and format for posting in Market Place.

It seems we have to implement some rules in the Market Place forum.

Format:

All posts must be titled with one of the following For Sale, Wanted To Buy or Wanted To Trade, Detailed Description of item and your location (Capital City or Regional town will do)

EG: FS: Tub of Brand X Wax, Melbourne

If you fail to format the title we will delete the post.

Rules:

Open to Detail Paradise Addicts only (100 posts or more - I will bend this rule in genuine cases, please PM me if you have something that you believe deserves posting)

One bump is allowed only after your thread is 7 days old.

No auctions are allowed, post a fixed price or an ONO price only.

You must edit the title to SOLD once the item is sold.

No commercial quantites are allowed. No commercial posts of any kind are allowed. Buy and sell for profit is not allowed.

Sponsors are not permitted to sell car care products in this forum.

Please follow these simple rules.

Thank you.

Sounds fair to me
    Detailer's prayer - "Grant me the power tools to correct the fixable, the fillers to cover the hopeless and the wisdom the know the difference."

"If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

"Car waxes and paint sealants are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many"

Comment

Hi Just wondering if these rules are still relevant?
      They seem a bit unfair and unneeded if they are genuine sales from members just wanting to get rid of unwanted products (i.e. no profit motive)

Originally posted by Dave_DetailParadise View Post

Each member is allowed 4 (four) for sale threads per year.

No stock cleanses are allowed. (threads with lots of items)
      John Rizo

Comment

As far as we are concerned, providing there is nothing commercial about the trading and it's not a case of buying and selling for profit, then it isn't a problem. An example of a thread that isn't acceptable is the one I just deleted where a member was selling cloths and bottles etc for another business.

There are lots of updates and thread pruning needed. We will get there eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          As far as we are concerned, providing there is nothing commercial about the trading and it's not a case of buying and selling for profit, then it isn't a problem. An example of a thread that isn't acceptable is the one I just deleted where a member was selling cloths and bottles etc for another business.

There are lots of updates and thread pruning needed. We will get there eventually.

As a forum member can you explain to us why that thread has been closed?
          (thread where 2 types spray bottles 250ml/500ml +MF?)

-The bottles and MF's were not labelled from another business
          -They were being being sold at cost price,cheaper than advertised on from there business
          -They were good quality for the price
          -They were honest and provided good info on what amount they had for sale

No other detailers had issues with there products

Compared to other forums on net the market place/for sale on detail paradise is hardly active,its good to have rules, but regarding that particular thread just wondering why it has been closed off?

thanks

Comment

The issue is, these products were being supplied through one of our members from a business. It is irrelevant that they were being supplied at cost price. You will find at times our sponsors will be selling at cost price for various reasons eg. to move old stock. This does not make it any less commercial and it would not be acceptable for that sponsor to post those products in the market place. Therefore it is not acceptable for any other business to be doing it either.

At the end of the day, it was a commercial thread posted on their behalf, and it was removed so it didn't set a precedence for future commercial posts.

All businesses are welcome to advertise on Detail Paradise through the correct channels.

Comment

Hey Tickfordel

Thanks for asking the question re. my mate selling MF cloths and bottles. He is selling at cost because he is getting out of what was just a part-time operation which he was involved in because of his love of cars. Given he is selling at cost, exiting his opertion and no profit is involved at all he can't afford sponsoring the site. I am sure he would sponsor if he was running an active profitable business.

My motive for sharing the post was so that weekend warriors like myself could pick up some inexpensive product.

Anyhow thanks for asking for clarification. I reckon we have a great forum and I don't want to rock the boat. It is an Administrator call.

Cheers

Comment

Hello DP'ers

Could the Admin please clarify, as a newbie I have just joined to sell a couple of items ( although I have lurked) reading your forums, great info. Am I allowed to post to sell?

Basically, I work in mining, and my part time dealing hasn't worked out. I have 2 as new hardware items and I live in Perth. thanks
                Matt

Comment

put them up matt.
                  The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

righto cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X