Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Adelaide - It's Okay!

G'day all ,
    My name is Phil and i'm from Adelaide, SA.
    Looking forward to picking everyone's brain here for advice and recommendations as i am totally new to this field. My routine use to be a 1 bucket method, rinse, chammy, and then apply Meguiars Wet Look once a month . So please go easy on this newbie!
    After YouTube-ing with the overwhelming amount of videos out there I would really like to get to professional like standard as I have a few cars to polish. I do not want to do this as a business, only to keep it as a life skill hobby.

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum I know exactly where you are coming from being a newbie here too.

Look forward to seeing your progress.

CJ

Comment

welcome
      The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome aboard.
          I have learnt a lot on this site. Great bunch of talented pro's happy to pass on their knowledge in an unbiased manner.

BTW...
          What will you do with power to run your DA and or Pressure Cleaner .

Comment

Thank you for the welcome everyone. I never thought detailing a car could end up being so expensive for just the products!
            My current list to what i think is 'essential' is already nearly $500. That is before choosing which single polisher kit i should get $~350-800. Decisions, decisions! Reminds me of when i first started my photography hobby, every equipment all adds up.

Since there are no detailing courses in Adelaide, are there any local detailers who are willing to mentor in person to see how it is all done?
            I'm usually the guy who help out mates when they first get their DSLR camera kit and have no clue, so I can payback in that sense or do a car photoshoot etc.

Michael Yoni, i will do everything by hand

Comment

Working...
            X