No announcement yet.

What have you bought today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew to Melbourne to pick up this beauty a couple of weeks ago.
    TwentyFiveSixteen
    '88 190E 2.5-16 (George)
    http://www.twentyfivesixteen.com/

Comment

• Accidentally bought a Flex VRG yesterday.

Mick
      MY09 Senator Signature
      Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Comment

• Accidentally????????????????????????????????
        When is the next track day?

Comment

• Our latest Waxit order arrived today.

Trying out the new LC HDO pads for the first time, and got some new S20black easy wipe off revision in 500ml bottle. And for the first time ever they have gone to a sensible bottle cap design which is long overdue.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeilK View Post
            Accidentally????????????????????????????????
            The decision fell somewhere between impulse buy and "business investment". Single man logic says someone's getting a VRG.

Mick
            MY09 Senator Signature
            Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Comment

• More Chinese specials

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Horace01 View Post
                More Chinese specials

Keen to hear how those brushes go, they look great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

More Chinese specials

I also order a few sets from China, via Aliexpress. They look exactly like the set I bought from CCP before for $29.95, except these ones have plastic handles. Will let you guys know if they are good or not.

Comment

• I bought 5x big red applicator foam pads from Aliexpress that ''FIT'' my hand for $5,95

Comment

More Chinese specials

Do you mind sharing the link on those brushes?

Also, does it matter that the brushes aren't hog hair material or are these safe to use on car badges, window trim, wheels etc?

Just conscious of adding unwanted scratches!

Comment

• Don't forget these brushes at bunnings. I use them and they seem fine

https://www.bunnings.com.au/silicone...brush_p6655053
                        Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by cheekyage View Post

Also, does it matter that the brushes aren't hog hair material or are these safe to use on car badges, window trim, wheels etc?

Here you go: https://goo.gl/yXc3vA

I don't know if they are hogs hair or not. I put the lighter to a few of the hairs that have come loose and they seem to burn like hogs hair and there was no smell like you would get with a synthetic hair.

They seem to clean just fine and I've not had any issues with scratching when testing this morning.

Originally posted by welby View Post
                          Don't forget these brushes at bunnings. I use them and they seem fine

Interestingly, I bought from Aliexpress because I went to 2 Bunnings stores trying to get hold of a replacement for one I had purchased a couple of years ago. Both stores had a good look for them but neither had any stock. One very helpful person looked it up and said they were still on the inventory system but looked as though stocks were not being replaced. She speculated they were changing supplier.

Looking at you link my old brush is the same but has another name stamped on the handle.

Anyway I'm happy with the Aliexpress brushes. 5 brushes for $6.55 delivered to my door.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheekyage View Post

Here is the link: https://goo.gl/yXc3vA

Initial testing results in no scratching. Burnt a few hairs that had come loose. The didn't smell synthetic but I couldn't say for sure that they are hogs hair.

Originally posted by welby View Post
                            Don't forget these brushes at bunnings. I use them and they seem fine

I bought from AliExpress because 2 Bunnings stores had no stock of my old brush which was similar to the one in your link. I was told stock was being run down due to a change of supplier.

Happy with my purchase. 5 brushes for $6.55 delivered to my door is pretty hard to resist.

Comment

Here is the link: https://goo.gl/yXc3vA

Initial testing results in no scratching. Burnt a few hairs that had come loose. The didn't smell synthetic but I couldn't say for sure that they are hogs hair.

I bought from AliExpress because 2 Bunnings stores had no stock of my old brush which was similar to the one in your link. I was told stock was being run down due to a change of supplier.

Happy with my purchase. 5 brushes for $6.55 delivered to my door is pretty hard to resist.
                              Thanks for all the info mate.

Does anyone else use these on paintwork?

I normally use the Braun or Swissvax brushes for paint.

Comment

• Actually not today, but on Friday morning bought this while in Melb - sorta an impulse buy

Dan - we need to talk

Comment

Working...
                                X