Dash Cams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Cams

Anyone using one? What's the best options out there? Wanted one for a while just never got around to it, but with the amount of stupidity that's happening lately I think I should have one.
    Also, are they hard wired or run on battery?

Hey Joel. I am using the Thinkware F750 in my car, it includes the rear camera and a hardwired power kits for parking mode. The quality is great and I have had no issues with heat, unlike friends with different brands.
    It is also unobtrusive behind the rear view mirror, which I feel is important.

Hope this helps.
    Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Joel. View Post
      Anyone using one? What's the best options out there? Wanted one for a while just never got around to it, but with the amount of stupidity that's happening lately I think I should have one.
      Also, are they hard wired or run on battery?
      Head on over to Dash cam owners Australia FB page they have some good advice also.

Comment

Check out the Techmoan you tube channel. He has detailed reviews of loads of dash cams.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys. I will check them all out.

Comment

We sell and recommend BlackVue. I have four installed at the moment and their WiFi/ Cloud models make it very easy to retrieve footage and playback clips.

AutoInstruct is here to provide the community with a wide range
            of automotive tutorials, guides and products.
            • Volkswagen Group & Holden Commodore Specalists
            • CTEK Vehicle Chargers - Bahco Tools
            • Fenix LED Torches - Vehicle Diagnostics
            Visit us at www.autoinstruct.com.au

Comment

I've had one for just over a year, I bought a Garmin Dashcam 20, it was around $160. Came with an extra long (5m) power cable, so you can run it off any power in the car. No issues with heat, works good in low light. I wouldn't be without one now.
              Remember,
              Silence is Golden,
              and Duct Tape is Silver.

Comment

I've sung the praise of dashcams on here many times before, and will continue to do so for anyone that will listen!

I've got Blackvue's in both my cars. I've got an old DR400HG that has been going strong for about 5 years, and a DR650GW 2CH (front and back) that is a couple of year old now - no issues. They're not the cheapest on offer, but they are very discreet and virtually invisible once installed. I hadn't seen the Thinkware brand before, but that also looks discreet.

I've used them in 3 not-at-fault insurance claims now, and wouldn't be without one again.
                2012 Mercedes-Benz C300
                1998 BMW 318is

Comment

Wish I had one yesterday

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
                  Yeah I'm a Volvo driver.

Comment

I've been running Blackvue for about 5 years now. Wouldn't really use any others as they are awesome
                    Rayala Auto Detailing
                    Cairns Qld 4870
                    http://rayalaauto.wix.com/rayalaautodetailing

Comment

So many options. lol. Them Blackvues do look very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel. View Post
                        So many options. lol. Them Blackvues do look very good.
                        I might look at AutoInstruct.
                        Don`t know much about dash cams but yes Joel many options.

Comment

Originally posted by Senator215 View Post
                          Wish I had one yesterday

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
                          I am waiting for an accident to happen. The main problem isn't the accident, it's that no one has morals anymore and will never admit fault, regardless of what has happened. I have had three near misses in that last few weeks. Two days ago I was driving to the beach with my dog, there was a rental camper parked on the side of the road with the left blinker on, I approach doing 50kph, get within 15 metres and the guy pulls straight out in front of me without even looking, no blinker. He ended up turning the same way as me towards the beach. I kept a distance, then he pulled over again to the side and this time I get within 10 metres and he pulls straight out onto the road to do a U-turn, and did not look until he was halfway across the road and hit the brakes as I was on top of him. Just in disbelief how stupid people are.

Comment

After looking through the Dash Cam Owners Australia you tube channel and driving in Sydney traffic everyday, I'm going to seriously consider installing one myself. It's truly terrifying how inattentive and/or careless people are on the road.
                            Last edited by Wolfgang; 24-11-2016, 08:20 PM.
                            "Perfection is lots of little things done well." Fernand Point

Comment

Blackvue gets my vote.

I have them on my cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X