No announcement yet.

Dash Cams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already sent it back to the distributor. I know it's wrong, but at least they were extremely helpful in one message. Unlike Dashcams Australia who didn't want responsibility at all. So hopefully it all works out, and I will never buy from Dashcams Aus again, even if they are cheaper.

Comment

I hope it all works out ok Joel

Comment

Thanks Pete. Hope so, they said they would replace it without examining it, so I am hoping for a quick turnaround and I have something that works. Just annoying that I had to jump through so many hoops thanks to the seller.

Comment

Originally posted by Mre2me View Post
          Approaching the retailer or manufacturer
          The retailer who sold you the product or service cannot refuse to help you by sending you to the manufacturer or importer. Its against the law for them to do this. Read the link given above from Wolfgang.
          https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/co...replace-refund
          This is true, however it's just delaying the return of a product or refund to the customer. The reseller is directing the customer to BlackVue Aus as they have the repair and assessment centre. In this scenario, the customer sends product directly to BlackVue Aus, and then it get's sent directly back to the customer. Quick and simple process. Which is what Joel has done.

If the customer sends it to Dash Cams Aus, they're likely to send it back to BlackVue Aus for assessment / repair, then back it comes in the post and gets double-handled for no reason. If the customer was chasing a refund, and depending on the reseller, it is still likely to be sent back to BlackVue Aus to determine if the product is truly faulty. User or environmental conditions (Not the weather) can often be the cause of faults, not the device itself.

AutoInstruct is here to provide the community with a wide range
          of automotive tutorials, guides and products.
          • Volkswagen Group & Holden Commodore Specalists
          • CTEK Vehicle Chargers - Bahco Tools
          • Fenix LED Torches - Vehicle Diagnostics
          Visit us at www.autoinstruct.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by SimoHDK View Post
            This is true, however it's just delaying the return of a product or refund to the customer. The reseller is directing the customer to BlackVue Aus as they have the repair and assessment centre. In this scenario, the customer sends product directly to BlackVue Aus, and then it get's sent directly back to the customer. Quick and simple process. Which is what Joel has done.

If the customer sends it to Dash Cams Aus, they're likely to send it back to BlackVue Aus for assessment / repair, then back it comes in the post and gets double-handled for no reason. If the customer was chasing a refund, and depending on the reseller, it is still likely to be sent back to BlackVue Aus to determine if the product is truly faulty. User or environmental conditions (Not the weather) can often be the cause of faults, not the device itself.
            Yeah no dramas I am well aware of how refunds and returns work, Just Joel implied earlier that he was seeking a refund.

Joel. 29-12-2016*06:55 PM
            I will see what they reply with tomorrow and ask again for a refund. I don't want a replacement, because several people have complained of the same issue 5 months ago and apparently still no fix.

Comment

That's true, and it does sound like the reseller was avoiding a refund in their communications, and could have communicated with the customer better in general.

AutoInstruct is here to provide the community with a wide range
              of automotive tutorials, guides and products.
              • Volkswagen Group & Holden Commodore Specalists
              • CTEK Vehicle Chargers - Bahco Tools
              • Fenix LED Torches - Vehicle Diagnostics
              Visit us at www.autoinstruct.com.au

Comment

The distributor was helpful and replaced the camera. I tested it today and it's working fine so far. The polarised filter definitely makes everything look better. It should come with it. $50 is a bit rich.
                Hopefully I have a better run this time.

Comment

The newer BlackVue has the "cloud" firmware which has half the video bitrate of the older firmware. On my 650 2 channel I updated to the newer firmware but there was a noticeable difference in quality so I downgraded back to the non "cloud" FW.

The polarising filter makes a big difference too.
                  cncmachiningperth.com.au

Comment

Viofo a119s

Comment

Also the viofo a219s works great too, my personal dash cam. But more pricey.

Comment

Working...
                      X