Coffee time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee time!

Alright, time for a coffee thread. Did a quick search, couldn't see one, so here is one.

Liberty just posted Chris Bacas youtube channel in the chatbox, had no idea he had one, used to love cat and cloud back in the day. So pumped to watch his videos tomorrow I'm all excited about coffee now

So what is everyone running at the moment? What method? What recipe?

I'm mixing it up for a change (usually run Single O Killerbee) with Byron Bay Coffee Co organic espresso blend.

http://byronbaycoffeeco.com.au/shop/...espresso-250g/

It's pretty good! I was kinda nervous since i was like, stoner hippies probably don't have taste buds and will buy organic crap even if it's crap so long as it is organic, but nup, it's actually pretty good!
    Fairly dark roast, has some quality smokey bacon flavours to it, pretty big body but not burnt italian body. Dosing around 20.5g in and 42g out in around 27-28 seconds seems to be its sweet spot.

I'm using an Aeropress running Double Roasters single origin beans. Currently Peru Alto Palomar, previous bag was Mexico La Loma.

My current recipe is 16g coffee, 175mL water in the AP and 75mL in the cup. 15 sec stir, 30 sec steep, 20sec plunge.

I have just started using my 2nd AP (yes I have two) for a ghetto cold drip setup. No recipe yet, still dialing it in.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 03-05-2017, 10:28 AM.
    "Perfection is lots of little things done well." Fernand Point

Comment

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws....offee_700g.jpg
      The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Lol!

I thought you were on this now...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...xB98paoJFJYjQI
        Last edited by Wolfgang; 02-05-2017, 10:57 PM.

Comment

close. im loving the yorkshire breakfast atm
          The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

pffft

Por que no los dos

Originally posted by SMOKEY
            Cheers Dan - but I think you're half the problem - why can't my paint look like yours after I've finished it!?! Unobtainable perfection! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by KNGPN View Post
              pffft

I'm sorry but that's peasant coffee. I recently threw my E61 dual boiler in the bin and upgraded to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1JX-vo3NBg

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
                I'm using an Aeropress running Double Roasters single origin beans. Currently Peru Alto Palomar, previous bag was Mexico La Loma.

My current recipe is 16g coffee, 175mL water in the AP and 75mL in the cup. 15 sec stir, 30 sec steep, 20sec plunge.

I have just started using my 2nd AP (yes I have two) for a ghetto cold drip setup. No recipe yet, still dialing it in.
                Wait so you put 75 mls in the cup and then press into that?

Haha theres no such thing as too many aeropress

So the cold drip, you just sit it over a cup and let it slowly filter through kinda like a chemex?

Comment

Originally posted by MitchH View Post
                  I'm sorry but that's peasant coffee. I recently threw my E61 dual boiler in the bin and upgraded to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1JX-vo3NBg
                  definately fake. he didnt have long beard or leather apron. Def not barisa style

Comment

Originally posted by MitchH View Post
                    Wait so you put 75 mls in the cup and then press into that?

Haha theres no such thing as too many aeropress

So the cold drip, you just sit it over a cup and let it slowly filter through kinda like a chemex?
                    Correct. Same theory as a long black. I found it was way too strong straight up.

For the ghetto AP cold drip, it's setup like this...

Comment

Correct. Same theory as a long black. I found it was way too strong straight up.

For the ghetto AP cold drip, it's setup like this...

you photo edited out the little bit of garden hose nayth?

Comment

Originally posted by LIBERTYRX1 View Post
                        you photo edited out the little bit of garden hose nayth?
                        I have no idea what you are talking about

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about
                          I'm getting notes of smoky ash and burnt rubber

Comment

Mick
                            MY09 Senator Signature
                            Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Comment

currently choosing between four lots of different costa rican green beans that need roasting

Comment

Working...
                              X