Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Caffeine_Fiend View Post
    Prob not for home. I have other plans
    Very interested indeed
    Square 1 Automotive Detailing
    Correct - Refine - Protect - Maintain

    Email: gareth@square1detailing.com.au
    Instagram: square1detailing
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/Square1AutomotiveDetailing

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Caffeine_Fiend View Post
      Prob not for home. I have other plans

      Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      Detailing studio and coffee shop all in one?
      "Perfection is lots of little things done well." Fernand Point

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
        Detailing studio and coffee shop all in one?
        For the right clients

        Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


        Specialising in high-end detailing for enthusiasts

        E: dansgaragedetailing@gmail.com
        M: 0417 587 004
        W: www.dansgaragedetailing.com
        F: http://www.facebook.com/DansGarageDetailing

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by MitchH View Post
          One of my mates just bought a 2nd hand Linea Mini for $4k that had like... 50 shots through it... So god damn lucky.



          My current brew

          Running a really thick 19.5g in and 35g out in 28 seconds.

          I was finding these marionette beans to be a bit on the underextracted side with a dose of around 21 in and 38-40g out which is what i normally run with the Single O Killer Bee

          Really rate them though, def one of the best blends i've had in a while
          niiiiiiicccccccccccccccce
          The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by gr346 View Post
            That looks good Nick - damn
            thanks gareth
            The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by MitchH View Post
              One of my mates just bought a 2nd hand Linea Mini for $4k that had like... 50 shots through it... So god damn lucky.
              Your mate sounds familiar

              Here's my battlestation, La Marzocco Linea Mini and Mazzer Mini E



              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Chapeau View Post
                Your mate sounds familiar

                Here's my battlestation, La Marzocco Linea Mini and Mazzer Mini E


                Hnnnnnnnnng

                So good

                Comment


                • #53
                  Sweet! How long have you had it and is it serving you well?

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

                    My machines steam boiler pressure stat has shit itself and is over pressurising the boiler and cutting out on safety. I CANT MAKE COFFEE. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by MitchH View Post
                      AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

                      My machines steam boiler pressure stat has shit itself and is over pressurising the boiler and cutting out on safety. I CANT MAKE COFFEE. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
                      Oh noes!

                      I have a spare Aeropress if you get desperate...
                      "Perfection is lots of little things done well." Fernand Point

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post

                        Oh noes!

                        I have a spare Aeropress if you get desperate...
                        Hahah legend! Thanks but i remembered i brought the camping stuff to our new house so i was straight down to the garage to get the ol' camping aeropress out ;D Thanks anyway

                        Feels so massively overkill using a mazzer to grind for an aeropress LOL

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by MitchH View Post

                          Hahah legend! Thanks but i remembered i brought the camping stuff to our new house so i was straight down to the garage to get the ol' camping aeropress out ;D Thanks anyway

                          Feels so massively overkill using a mazzer to grind for an aeropress LOL
                          Good to see you have the most essential camping item.

                          ​​​Mazzer for AP, needs must...
                          "Perfection is lots of little things done well." Fernand Point

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I had a chance to try one of the most expensive Geisha coffee and it did not suit my taste. I can settle for a McCafe coffee. I think the less i know about coffee, the less fussy i am lol

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Wantone View Post
                              I had a chance to try one of the most expensive Geisha coffee and it did not suit my taste. I can settle for a McCafe coffee. I think the less i know about coffee, the less fussy i am lol
                              If you're happy man that's all good

                              Coffee machine is back alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Bought a new pressurestat, $208 later (holy shit expensive french switch) and she's back. I actually took the new switch to work to make sure the set point was good, needed adjusting since it was on minimum set point, 0.6 bar. The old switch used to switch the boiler on at around 1.0 bar and then switch it off at around 1.2 so i upped the set point to around 1.2 switch on and 1.4 switch off. Steam is EPIC now and still within the safety limits of the boiler as the safety pressure relief operates at around 2.8 bar. With the old set points the boiler would switch on too late and the steam would die off making for a fast burst then a dying off of steam, now i have much more consistant steam that i can just regulate via the knob and the boiler will keep the steam at the same level.

                              Disclaimer: i highly recommend not adjusting your own pressure stat unless you have th gear to measure the switching points and run up and down through pressures.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Hi Pepples

                                Now before I get shot down in flames I will say it up front …..this is request for a recommended AUTOMATIC coffee machine – yes I know sacrilegious, but we have got used to ours. We have a Gaggia Titanium that has consistently pumped out coffee for over 10 years but she now is on her last legs. We need a replacement – however looking at the market it now seems swamped with cheap and nasty “consumer” machines of dubious origin. Outside of the confusing range of Jura machines we cannot see much that we like.

                                Any suggestions ??

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X