Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AusAbarth View Post
    Hi Pepples

Now before I get shot down in flames I will say it up front …..this is request for a recommended AUTOMATIC coffee machine – yes I know sacrilegious, but we have got used to ours. We have a Gaggia Titanium that has consistently pumped out coffee for over 10 years but she now is on her last legs. We need a replacement – however looking at the market it now seems swamped with cheap and nasty “consumer” machines of dubious origin. Outside of the confusing range of Jura machines we cannot see much that we like.

Any suggestions ??
    They are all rubbish. We have a $10,000 one at work and it pumps out the shittest coffee, a $40 aeropress destorys this thing. There is also the ~$80 Chemex that can do upwards of 6 cups that is the same as the aeropress in terms of quality of coffee if multiple cups are preferred.

But if you like your old Gaggia which not get another one? They still make automatics

Comment

Originally posted by MitchH View Post

They are all rubbish. We have a $10,000 one at work and it pumps out the shittest coffee, a $40 aeropress destorys this thing. There is also the ~$80 Chemex that can do upwards of 6 cups that is the same as the aeropress in terms of quality of coffee if multiple cups are preferred.
      You saying that the Jura are crappy - we had one at my previous employer and it got a bashing coffee seemed to be OK. Yes the Aeropess is a handy little thing

Originally posted by MitchH View Post
      But if you like your old Gaggia which not get another one? They still make automatics
      Yes the do - even with the recent reintroduction of the Titanium. Just wanted to get some other recommendations before we go shopping in the new year. The amount of choice nowadays is sooooooo confusing, even within the different companies' ranges. The sales people are generally HOPELESS - may as well sell washing machines - oh they do !!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X