Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Panels

This is right out of left field.

Has anyone considered RainX or similar on their solar panels to help keep them clean and for water and dirt to not stick.

I have not seen any posts that people are doing this.

We recently had our shower screens NanoKoted. Amazing how it beads and maintains clarity. (happy wife, now happy life)
    Too expensive to do the solar panels but RainX or similar might work??.

Thoughts - or is it overkill and simply blasting it with a pressure cleaner with a mild glass detergent will suffice.

Love to know your thoughts.

Originally posted by Michael Yoni
    This is right out of left field.

Has anyone considered RainX or similar on their solar panels to help keep them clean and for water and dirt to not stick.

I have not seen any posts that people are doing this.

We recently had our shower screens NanoKoted. Amazing how it beads and maintains clarity. (happy wife, now happy life)
    Too expensive to do the solar panels but RainX or similar might work??.

Thoughts - or is it overkill and simply blasting it with a pressure cleaner with a mild glass detergent will suffice.

Love to know your thoughts.

If anything, you'd want sheeting more than beading. As water evaporates it would leave the dirt behind more with beads than if it's sheeted off.
    I collect my rainwater so I'd not want those sort of chemicals washing into my tanks.
    My 2c.

crash486

Comment

No.

They donít elaborate but aluminium oxide might be an issue for the surface of the cell.

Comment

Thanks, Rain-X out.
        Found this though.

http://www.nanoman.com.au/solarpanelcleaning.html

Comment

Working...
        X